Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we could have THREE Palace players, who would you go for?

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
i would have:

Stephen Carr
Demba Ba
VanPersie

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I thought he looked in the main pretty good on crosses against Cardiff, which is where both Casper and Sexy Pete go missing.

Apart from the goal he let in, by failing to reach for a cross, TWO yards from his goal line, you mean?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As BG says - that is because of the nature of the chances the Blackburn defence are offering up. Many of them would be clear chances near to goal that nobody is going to save.

If you play for Man United, and all the efforts on your goal are from 30 yards, its not hard to look good.

Yet United have had LOADS of shit keepers over the last 15 years, so not sure I buy that. Also United play in Champions League etc, so play better teams on average.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yet United have had LOADS of shit keepers over the last 15 years, so not sure I buy that. Also United play in Champions League etc, so play better teams on average.

Dismiss that particular example if you wish, but the point stands - the raw stat of 'goals conceded per shots on target' is not a particularly useful one, without consideration of the nature of those shots. Better teams will give up less clear chances than shit teams.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Apart from the goal he let in, by failing to reach for a cross, TWO yards from his goal line, you mean?

Yup, apart from that one, where the Cardiff defender had his arm round him.

Still rather have him than what we have at present, that's all.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yup, apart from that one, where the Cardiff defender had his arm round him.

Still rather have him than what we have at present, that's all.

Arm round him MY ARSE. Never, ever a foul in a million years.

But yes, he's better than either of our current keepers. that wasn't the question though!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think it was the original question!

No it wasn't. that was 'which three Palace players would you take?'.

I wouldn't take Speroni, because he's not THAT good. I'd take Clyne, Zaha and Williams who are all much more valuable.
If I wanted a new keeper, I'd sell one of them, and buy a really GOOD keeper.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Disgraceful thread if only because any serious response would involve handing over millions of ££s to the pikeys and chavs who would over-inflate their prices and have SE25, Red and Blue and all their mates laughing in their new Burberry outfits!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Disgraceful thread if only because any serious response would involve handing over millions of ££s to the pikeys and chavs who would over-inflate their prices and have SE25, Red and Blue and all their mates laughing in their new Burberry outfits!!

No - the question was 'have' three players, not 'buy'...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Dismiss that particular example if you wish, but the point stands - the raw stat of 'goals conceded per shots on target' is not a particularly useful one, without consideration of the nature of those shots. Better teams will give up less clear chances than shit teams.

Makes Shay Given look even better then, he was consistently man of the match in one of the worst prem defences of all time (Newcastle few years back) and nearly kept them up singlehandedly.

(I've now lost what my point is, by the way.)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Makes Shay Given look even better then, he was consistently man of the match in one of the worst prem defences of all time (Newcastle few years back) and nearly kept them up singlehandedly.

(I've now lost what my point is, by the way.)

Certainly couldn't argue with that. Given WAS in my opinion the best keeper in England for a few years (between Schmeicel's retirement and Cech arriving, to be specific).

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Hmm good question

Speroni (only coz is better than what we have)

Murray just for teh lulz to see how he would play with CMS

Ambrose as he is quality.

I would have said Williams (how a 17 year was given the run of park when we played them at the Amex I will never know) as he is quality, however we now have JFC so I dont feel we would need Williams now.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Most people would take Clyne, Zaha, Williams or Ambrose as our four best players.

Clyne is widely regarded as the best RB in the League, and second best young RB in the country (behind the much older Walker). Zaha is currently being linked with United, Liverpool and City with bidding starting at £10m. Williams is probably the best player we've ever produced, but he's injured until February. Ambrose's record speaks for itself, a ratio of 1in3 over the last 3 years from midfield with 20 goals in 2010.
If I were choosing 3 to build a promotion winning side, I'd take Zaha, Clyne and Williams. Then I'd sell Zaha and spend the £10m+ on the rest of the team.

If I were to pick any Brighton players, I'd take Noone and Bridcutt (seems to have developed greatly during his year in L1).

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
I would have said Williams (how a 17 year was given the run of park when we played them at the Amex I will never know) as he is quality, however we now have JFC so I dont feel we would need Williams now.

Is he that good?! Where does he play?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Murray, Zaha, Speroni

We'd probably get auto this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here