Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we beat southapton away

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
will the humiliation of a home defeat by palace be removed from memory, we will have to be at the top of our game but this is exactly the kind of shennanigans we are used to supporting our lot innit...?? wadya reckon...?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
No, it won't. That will not be removed until we standing in the away end at Selhurst singing 'We got 3, they got 1, Brighton beat the Palace scum'. This season, next season, as soon as possible.

But it will be very funny, and a great result.

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
when i'll say it again WHEN we finish above plarse in the league this season - (for the first time in 25+ years) that will help with the pain

Sep 19, 2011
Cuckfield
No - but if we do beat them the bragging is going to be absolutely unbearable. And we will be promotion candidates again who will probably even walk the league. If it goes the other way though and we suffer the comprehensive beating that could well be on the cards, it'll be back to doom and gloom

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Im afraid NOTHING will erase "that" game. First game at the Amex on a level playing field so to speak, and we play like a bunch of *****. Even if we then spank then 6-0 every game we play them from now on.

Even winning the Champs League will never erase it. Palace have that over us forever :(

I still maintain to this day that Poyet was paying it "lip service" whereas Ooogie Woogie really did know what it meant to both sets of fans and had his players motivated more.

Dont give me tiredness, that was the only game that mattered out the three, I expected superhuman effort and got f*** all. In fact CMS and Noone were the only two that could come out that game with any credit. Bridcutt got a booking, he may as well have gone for the sending off.

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Im afraid NOTHING will erase "that" game. First game at the Amex on a level playing field so to speak, and we play like a bunch of *****. Even if we then spank then 6-0 every game we play them from now on.

Even winning the Champs League will never erase it. Palace have that over us forever :(

I still maintain to this day that Poyet was paying it "lip service" whereas Ooogie Woogie really did know what it meant to both sets of fans and had his players motivated more.

Dont give me tiredness, that was the only game that mattered out the three, I expected superhuman effort and got f*** all.

How odd, when I "quote" your post, there was more to it than was showing above.

Anyway. You are sadly right, they will always have that over us. They became the first team to inflict a league defeat on us at the Amex, and that is in the books forever.

Sep 19, 2011
Cuckfield
Dont give me tiredness, that was the only game that mattered out the three, I expected superhuman effort and got f*** all. In fact CMS and Noone were the only two that could come out that game with any credit. Bridcutt got a booking, he may as well have gone for the sending off.

Think you are being a bit hard on Tano there - he didn't put a foot wrong until he was substituted, which is when we conceded three goals and looked even more of a joke than we had done until that point

Agree the rest

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Think you are being a bit hard on Tano there - he didn't put a foot wrong until he was substituted, which is when we conceded three goals and looked even more of a joke than we had done until that point

Agree the rest

Good point about Tano!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
no. i dont give a flying f%^k about Southampton so 3 points there would be the same as nearly anywhere else
Very much this , couldn't give a crap about Southampton , only a win at Selhurst could overwrite the wrong that night.

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
no, it won't. That will not be removed until we standing in the away end at selhurst singing 'we got 3, they got 1, brighton beat the palace scum'. This season, next season, as soon as possible.

But it will be very funny, and a great result.
it just aint gonna happen guys, not this season, next season or any season !!!
You will never be standing in selhurst singing that song, trust me it will not happen

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Also, I was (I think) as angry as anyone that night, it took me days to get over it and I still can't believe the players reserved THAT performance for THAT game.

But I'm not bothered about this 'first' thing at all, it was just losing to them at the Amex, pure and simple.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
We could always pull down the Amex and start again somewhere new - now that would erase the memory :shootself

An extreme move, and sadly it wouldn't erase the memory. I still have LOADS of very clear memories of the Goldstone Ground!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here