Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] If Trossard starts against England

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
England have gone backwards massively, we can’t create anything with fast incisive passing, its all meandering sideways passing, crossing and hoofing. Dinosaur Southgate, crap tactics and crap system.

We are the Burnley of the international game.

Yep, which is scandalous considering the players at our disposal. England have reverted to type.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
How could anyone support Belgium when playing against England, just because one of their players plays for Brighton.

Give your head a wobble FFS :facepalm:

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
In other news, Mulumby gets MOTM for Ireland which is a nice bonus for him.

Really hope to see him push on for the Brighton first team...but it’s so tough.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Shame the match was so poorly attended. Folk don't care much for England these days.

I get the joke but I care so little about international football these days I only discovered we were playing Belgium this morning and have just discovered the result having no clue what time the match was played. I was only interested to see if Trossard played.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Only on NSC can people dislike their naional team just becuase the manager played for a rival 25 years ago. Probably our most successful manager since Sir Alf.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Let’s bury our cynicism, we’re 10 minutes away from being crowned Champions of Something.

Yes we’ve won the euro zone nations champions league ......... Southgate ..... the first since Sir Alf

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Only on NSC can people dislike their naional team just becuase the manager played for a rival 25 years ago. Probably our most successful manager since Sir Alf.
Ramsey was sacked 46 years ago, so it doesn't say much for the rest since then.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Just saw Belgium are the highest ranked team in the world - we beat them and people still moan

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

I've heard the same criticisms leveled at Southgate for his selections etc lately from across the football fan and media spectrum. Certainly not just on NSC because he played for Palace 25 years ago.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Meaningful victory? Well, since we have qualified for the delayed Euro 20 the alternative is to play just friendless .This has to be better...
We should be pleased . We beat “the best team in the World “. Even if we scoff at that it is still a great result. Our second goal took a lucky deflection we know but their penalty never was , in my opinion.
So onwards we go !

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Meaningful victory? Well, since we have qualified for the delayed Euro 20 the alternative is to play just friendless .This has to be better...
We should be pleased . We beat “the best team in the World “. Even if we scoff at that it is still a great result. Our second goal took a lucky deflection we know but their penalty never was , in my opinion.
So onwards we go !

better to talk about lucky wins rather than all the unlucky defeats - it defines the phrase you make your own luck....

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
So onwards we go !

No doubt at all that was a pen

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Terry Venables, ex Palace manager and attributed ( wrongly) to be a large reason for our rivalry with them up the road,, went on to manage England in one of our most exciting periods.

His England team had my full support.
Southgate, a lucky, over promoted yes man, with little footballing nous, doesn’t have my full support.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Terry Venables, ex Palace manager and attributed ( wrongly) to be a large reason for our rivalry with them up the road,, went on to manage England in one of our most exciting periods.

His England team had my full support.
Southgate, a lucky, over promoted yes man, with little footballing nous, doesn’t have my full support.

The Palace connection never has and never will have anything to do with it for me.

TV was a good manager and did well for England, I don't recall being as enthused about the national side since Euro 96.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here