Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Tommy goes to Palace......

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I would be the 'mug' your are referring to and although I am new to this site I would not for one moment delib try to deceive. Happy to share my source .... I play golf with Tommy's uncle and he confirmed that since the Bournemouth game the gaffer and Tommy have barely spoke. Tommy is desperate to play and has good as insinuated this in recent interviews. Palace did express interest and more recently Sheff Utd have enquired to his availability.... I understand Charlie Oatway has spoken to Tommy and recommended/persuaded his to see out this season ... Regards The Mug!!!

:wozza:

Fair play to the mug.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
The news came to me via a mate of Tommy's & his old man, plus an ex Albion player was present. I was also told that Gus has hardly spoken to Tommy since the Bournemouth game, although it was not the hand ball that caused him to be dropped, but rather not going down when he copped the elbow in the face. This might explain Adam El Abd going down when getting one from Kitson against Pompey as I'm sure it would take more than an elbow of that rake to put Adam down.
I really hope Charlie can convince Tommy to stay as he is quality & we need him. He's always given 100% for us & there's nothing better than having one of your own doing the business on the pitch.

I know there has been a lot of rumour's on here & nothing pisses people off more than somebody who reckons they're in the know. Just telling you what I've heard, take it as you please.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Tommy played against Pompey just last Saturday so who told him he was chosen? I presume the manager talks to the team on the day of a match?
2 + 2 = 5 perhaps?

Adam El-Abd has always fallen like a felled tree when shoved or pushed.

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
The news came to me via a mate of Tommy's & his old man, plus an ex Albion player was present. I was also told that Gus has hardly spoken to Tommy since the Bournemouth game, although it was not the hand ball that caused him to be dropped, but rather not going down when he copped the elbow in the face. This might explain Adam El Abd going down when getting one from Kitson against Pompey as I'm sure it would take more than an elbow of that rake to put Adam down.
I really hope Charlie can convince Tommy to stay as he is quality & we need him. He's always given 100% for us & there's nothing better than having one of your own doing the business on the pitch.

I know there has been a lot of rumour's on here & nothing pisses people off more than somebody who reckons they're in the know. Just telling you what I've heard, take it as you please.

If thats true then gus is very childish!

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Tommy is a good player, Adam and Gordon are just playing better than him at present. If one of them, however unlikely, goes on a dip in form or, more likely, gets injured or suspended, then he would step up and be a very good replacement. Lewis Dunk is also a very good player, but would you feel more comfortable with Tommy or Lewis as a replacement?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
......how will you feel.
Me? I hope he stays as I think he's class, but I can understand why he'd leave. I've heard that Palace are asking & if he goes there I'll be gutted, but from his point of view you have to go where you can a) play, & b) get paid your worth.
I really hope it doesn't happen, but I would never give him any stick.
Tommy, please don't go!

He's a professional footballer. He has to go where the work is.

95% of the anti-Palace stuff is fake anyway.

Why would he get stick? :shrug:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Whoa there!!

All respect to the two people who posted on here and whose sources are clearly impeccable but both have subsequantly stated that Charlie Oatway has persuaded Tommy to stay for the rest of this season at least so why the scaremongering that he is going to Palace when he very clearly isn't?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
He is a local lad and, like all of us, has had the falmer dream for so many years.

I reckon he'll stay and fight for that place and chance to play for his home town club in that fantastic stadium.

The Growler

Jun 3, 2010
Whoa there!!

All respect to the two people who posted on here and whose sources are clearly impeccable but both have subsequantly stated that Charlie Oatway has persuaded Tommy to stay for the rest of this season at least so why the scaremongering that he is going to Palace when he very clearly isn't?

Thanks sevenside!!!! new to this but equally off my nut!!!! I hope that Tom stays the course!!!! He is a great BHA player and presents the right behaviour when playing!!!!!! my boy will mascot at BHA away at Bristol and i am proud as punch!!!! are we top of the league???? we r top of the league say we r top of the league!!! LOVE BHA!!! i LOVE THIS citY !!!!!!

Dec 29, 2010
Thanks sevenside!!!! new to this but equally off my nut!!!! I hope that Tom stays the course!!!! He is a great BHA player and presents the right behaviour when playing!!!!!! my boy will mascot at BHA away at Bristol and i am proud as punch!!!! are we top of the league???? we r top of the league say we r top of the league!!! LOVE BHA!!! i LOVE THIS citY !!!!!!

Why wouldn't he want to leave, he probably has ambition and wants to improve himself.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Players sometimes overlook league positions if first team football is on offer

Stadiums aren't the priority for making a decision

The Palace owners are independantly quite wealthy

Chances of success are no better or worse than at Albion

I'm not sure he'd be on significantly more money, or even in a higher league position next season. Also 'going where the work is' doesn't necessarily apply since he is still being paid at Brighton whether he is playing or not. However, I would imagine that for a young player it is important to be playing rather than sitting on the bench as all the time he is the money he could command will be dropping in the long term. Therefore I wouldn't be suprised if he goes - but that's not to do with the fact that palace are in any way a preferable option financially (or indeed, in any way at all!).

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Murraymints4Brighton on the Elliott Bennett thread suggests he had an inside tip that Elphick may go out on loan. My guess if he did would be that Palace is a sensible place to go because it's nearby (no relocation). Presumably if it did come off we would have an instant recall clause which from memory can be activated after the first 28 days of the loan. All said I still prefer the version that says Charlie has persuaded him and he stays to the end of the season and plays well at Watford + other cup games if we win and is ready to step in should Greer or el Abd falter. It would be a shame to walk away and give his place in the queue to Dunk who I believe is more than capable of stepping up.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Murraymints4Brighton on the Elliott Bennett thread suggests he had an inside tip that Elphick may go out on loan. My guess if he did would be that Palace is a sensible place to go because it's nearby (no relocation). Presumably if it did come off we would have an instant recall clause which from memory can be activated after the first 28 days of the loan. All said I still prefer the version that says Charlie has persuaded him and he stays to the end of the season and plays well at Watford + other cup games if we win and is ready to step in should Greer or el Abd falter. It would be a shame to walk away and give his place in the queue to Dunk who I believe is more than capable of stepping up.

Poor effort Tommy yes it's tough but it is supposed to be tough.You have played more games this season than you have missed.
You play in the cup games & all of a sudden you want to leave.
Your a local lad playing for your local team who are top of the league & are moving to a fantastic new stadium.
When we signed Greer I'm sure most supporters thought el-abd would be the player to move over but look what a season he is having.Get your head down and who knows what might happen.Last season brezovan was our no 1 but we don't hear him complaining.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Swindon are selling 20 year old centre back Sean Morrison to Reading in the next few days, for £250,000. Reading are sending a player in exchange, but he is thought to be a striker. Swindon need a new centre back... should we try and compensate them for the loss of Greer by lending them Elphick for a few months?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Swindon are selling 20 year old centre back Sean Morrison to Reading in the next few days, for £250,000. Reading are sending a player in exchange, but he is thought to be a striker. Swindon need a new centre back... should we try and compensate them for the loss of Greer by lending them Elphick for a few months?

depends on their fixture list and whether he might gain us a few extra points playing for them. :)
need to be careful though. Tunni's loan has done no-one any favours

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here