Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Tommy goes to Palace......

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
......how will you feel.
Me? I hope he stays as I think he's class, but I can understand why he'd leave. I've heard that Palace are asking & if he goes there I'll be gutted, but from his point of view you have to go where you can a) play, & b) get paid your worth.
I really hope it doesn't happen, but I would never give him any stick.
Tommy, please don't go!

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I wouldn't hate him for going to Palase, it's his choice and he needs to earn a living.

I would however be sad to see him go as I think he has a future as a squad member.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
......how will you feel.
Me? I hope he stays as I think he's class, but I can understand why he'd leave. I've heard that Palace are asking & if he goes there I'll be gutted, but from his point of view you have to go where you can a) play, & b) get paid your worth.
Tommy, please don't go!

Be a bit gutted i suppose.He has age on his side and will probably make the step up better then Greer..

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
......how will you feel.
Tommy, please don't go!

Where has it been suggested that they are looking at him ?

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
It's been suggested by some new posting mug in a thread entitled 'players leaving'.

Would be slightly gutted, but not begrudge him.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Why would he leave for Palace?

Look at the league positions?
Look at the stadiums?
Look at the financial positions?
Look at the short, medium and long term chance of success ...

He's not going anywhere

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Look at the stadiums?

He's not going anywhere

First team football

More money

We all knew Virgo was going to be shown the door in the summer as Gus didn't really play him.Maybe Tommy feels that he isn't in Poyet's plans for the future.?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Tommy must know he's wanted - he's just got two outstanding defenders in front of him. The most frustating thing must be waiting for either El Abd or Greer to get injured or suspended but as with most winning teams injuries never seem to happen too often.

Tommy will stay unless the club make it known that an offer has been accepted and he's free to go. Doubt he would go to Palace though.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Tommy is Brighton through and through, I'd wish him well wherever he went.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Id be pretty suprised if he didnt hang around for next season, hes a young lad. No need to Panic young Elph ! Things change very quickly in football.

The Growler

Jun 3, 2010
It's been suggested by some new posting mug in a thread entitled 'players leaving'.

Would be slightly gutted, but not begrudge him.

I would be the 'mug' your are referring to and although I am new to this site I would not for one moment delib try to deceive. Happy to share my source .... I play golf with Tommy's uncle and he confirmed that since the Bournemouth game the gaffer and Tommy have barely spoke. Tommy is desperate to play and has good as insinuated this in recent interviews. Palace did express interest and more recently Sheff Utd have enquired to his availability.... I understand Charlie Oatway has spoken to Tommy and recommended/persuaded his to see out this season ... Regards The Mug!!!

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011

Look at the stadiums?

He's not going anywhere

Players sometimes overlook league positions if first team football is on offer

Stadiums aren't the priority for making a decision

The Palace owners are independantly quite wealthy

Chances of success are no better or worse than at Albion

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I would be the 'mug' your are referring to and although I am new to this site I would not for one moment delib try to deceive. Happy to share my source .... I play golf with Tommy's uncle and he confirmed that since the Bournemouth game the gaffer and Tommy have barely spoke. Tommy is desperate to play and has good as insinuated this in recent interviews. Palace did express interest and more recently Sheff Utd have enquired to his availability.... I understand Charlie Oatway has spoken to Tommy and recommended/persuaded his to see out this season ... Regards The Mug!!!

stand up for yourself like that and you'll gain a few friends on here. Good info too :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here