Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If this was you, what would you do?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I have applied for a job I really like the look of for the Environment Agency based darrrn sarrrf.

I filled in the application online, but the link would not allow me to save it, so I could not email it to them. Not to worry I printed the from that I had filled in in preperation to send it to them by fax.

I was in a little hurry as I only found the job late on thursday night and the closing date was yesterday...I quickly filled the application form in yesterday, very early, as your 5 hours ahead in the uk and im currantly in Venezuala.

I tried and tried and tried..but my fax machine would not send it to the number they gave me....also they have said I have until monday to get it to them or I wont be considered...the fcuking fax machine is doing my head in..its standing between me and the possibility of getting a job that looks exactly what Im looking for...

Now saturday morning...they have turned their fax off and its just ringing through....

My only option seems to be.....Fax it to someone in the uk..who can forward it on very early monday morning for me.....Anyone else have any ideas.....I cant even fill the application in again as its been removed off the system.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Scan it, send it via email with a covering letter explaining the situation saying the original will be received once they sort out their fax machine?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Haven't they got an email address?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Problem is this is venezuala, it's like the 3rd world!

Im not sure how to scan stuff and anyway....the hotel im at proberly wont have a scanning option.

Yeah human resources know about the situation, they do have email, that works fine.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Ok, then fax it to someone on here then they can scan it and email it for you.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Ok, then fax it to someone on here then they can scan it and email it for you.

But will anyone help me with this though?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I don't know. You'll have to put out a heartfelt plea. I would have been glad to help but unfortunately I haven't got a fax machine. I'm sure there must be a few people on here who own a fax machine and a scanner.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
There are loads of internet fax sites - just type internet fax into google - there are a couple of freebie sites that may help? you can then fax your attachment yourself on Monday/Sunday night...

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
There are loads of internet fax sites - just type internet fax into google - there are a couple of freebie sites that may help? you can then fax your attachment yourself on Monday/Sunday night...

Excuse my ignorance..but how on earth does that work?!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I'm guessing since you're using a stand alone fax you don't have a fax on your computer? I can send a word document to a fax machine using my computers "fax" machine. If you don't have that software in your pc, then these web sites can do it for you....

You send the website the file, it faxes it...

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
just think of their fax machine like a printer, you have to type their fax machine number into your computer to print out your cv at their house!! :lol:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I'm guessing since you're using a stand alone fax you don't have a fax on your computer? I can send a word document to a fax machine using my computers "fax" machine. If you don't have that software in your pc, then these web sites can do it for you....

You send the website the file, it faxes it...

Oh ok....sorry!

Only problem with that is...the job im going for doesnt have the advert for the job anymore...so the infomation I have is printed on paper and now isnt available in word/document format.

I will check back at my hotel if they have scanning facilities.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
ah I thought you saved it first as a document?

That would need common sense, something which im severely lacking!.......I just dont think it's meant to be.

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
I haven't got a fax machine so I can't help you with that, but the only thing I can think of is can't you just type the whole thing out again on Word exactly how it is on the application form you've written out? Then email it to them directly or do what Tedebear suggested and use the online fax service?

Type up another page as a covering letter explaining the situation and that you will send the original fax next week when you can, but explain that you didn't want to miss their deadline.

Unless someone steps in who does have a fax machine, I think this might be your only option

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here