Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If this AMAZING d/debit set up wasn't in place how many ST holders would there be?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
One question, what happens if people cancel their direct debit later in the season ?

Good question as I think that can and will happen in a few cases, I would imagine the club will instantly prevent access to the games and contact the person concerned, what the outcome will be remains to be seen I guess, there could well be a policy in place already for cases like that, but not one that will be advertised I doubt.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Good question as I think that can and will happen in a few cases, I would imagine the club will instantly prevent access to the games and contact the person concerned, what the outcome will be remains to be seen I guess, there could well be a policy in place already for cases like that, but not one that will be advertised I doubt.

I was thinking that apart from those who can't afford (it's annoying how much unemployment can muck up your life) but also the 'plastics' who decided that they're not getting value for money as we don't win every game.

One question, what happens if people cancel their direct debit later in the season ?

It would be easy for the club to disable your card and prevent access. I would imagine the timeline would be something like this:-

June 1st - DD not honured.
June 5th - Letter is sent asking for payment and a new DD mandate sent to be completed.
June 30th - If no satisfactory responce ticket is blocked.
July 15th - Ticket is sold to someone on waiting list or made availale as PAYG.

Do remember the club are 100 insured by this scheme. Its' great, I love it, but the only possible loser in the event of default is the spectator.

Say on October 1st you can no longer pay the DD. By this time you will have already paid for 60% of your ticket but only seen 25% of the games. Default as late as February and you have paid for it all!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I've still not heard anything concrete yet, which is a mild concern.

1 x cement, 2 x fine aggregate (sand) and 4 x coarse aggregate. If you are using premixed ballast, then 6 of these are mixed with 1 part cement. In an ideal world, where everything is delivered dry, then a water to cement ratio of approximately 0.55 should be used...

:thumbsup:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Which is why it is ESSENTIAL for the club to get an efficient, reliable, simple ticket exchange system put in place so that these tickets don't go dormant.

The demand is undoubtedly there, people are going to be crying out for spare tickets all season long. It will be farcical if we have "sold out" games and then arrive to droves of empty seats on matchday.

I desperately hope the club have this in hand from the off, but I've still not heard anything concrete yet, which is a mild concern.
I'd have thought a ticket exchange scheme was only going to be a secondary thought all the while season tickets were still available. However, they have all gone now and a waiting list has been started so I can't believe they won't be giving this due consideration and implementing something very soon. Afterall, if they can put a good one in place, it would be money for old rope for the club to act as a middle man for pre-sold tickets being passed on. It will also make it far more attractive for STHs to retain their tickets next season if they know they can buy a STH in the knowledge that any games they can't make can be re-sold for a small fee if there is the demand.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
And as I understand it, so do some other football clubs.

Personally and IMO this first season would have sold out whatever (but that arguement and debate can go on forever and I for one aint going there, as they are sold out now and basically it's end of)

It's the following season that will be interesting, will people re-new if the club is not as successful for example, will the novelty and hype of a new stadium be over in 12 months time to all the JCLs? will the long distance travellers lose interest after a season of massive travelling expense.

Many differing reasons, which I for one will be interested to see in 12 months time.

I personally do believe that some season tickets have been purchased just for the first game, exactly how many will never be known I doubt.

Of course, should (and I hope and pray I am right here!!) the club go on in it's first season and have massive success, all the present season ticket holders will be holding a winning lottery ticket :)

A dodgy season, the loss of Gus etc etc it will be very interesting so see how many jcl's stay. As an away fan, along with many others, i go to the odd home game. I concede that i won't get to see Albion at home this season, save for a cup game. So i am hoping there will be plenty of matchday tickets available next season whether it be through stadium expansion or jcl's f***ing off.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
One we start the season well and continue our style of footy i honestly dont think there will be many that wont use there ticket every week.

I think people are worrying about this way too much.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
The D/D set up has certainly helped to draw people in, but its still proving rather troublesome. My first D/D payment (April) didn't go through so I had to phone them and pay it by credit card. They said to wait and see if the May payment works and it still hasn't so I'm now going to have to phone them again. The odd thing is that they don't seem bothered about chasing me for the money - no phone call, letter, email or anything. You'd have thought they'd want the cash.

I'd have thought a ticket exchange scheme was only going to be a secondary thought all the while season tickets were still available. However, they have all gone now and a waiting list has been started so I can't believe they won't be giving this due consideration and implementing something very soon. Afterall, if they can put a good one in place, it would be money for old rope for the club to act as a middle man for pre-sold tickets being passed on. It will also make it far more attractive for STHs to retain their tickets next season if they know they can buy a STH in the knowledge that any games they can't make can be re-sold for a small fee if there is the demand.
Let's just hope that no-one comes up with the idea of giving Pay On The Day priority to people who are on the waiting list for season tickets.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
One we start the season well and continue our style of footy i honestly dont think there will be many that wont use there ticket every week.

I think people are worrying about this way too much.
You have to remember that we now have 18,400 season ticket holders. Considering we haven't had more than 5,000 in more than two decades, it is likely that this large figure includes some entirely new demographics. They will be not all be rabid Albion fans of several seasons - there will be a large number of families who simply won't be able to attend every single game, there will be others who are perhaps older, want to experience the stadium but won't fancy the arseache of Coventry at home on a Tuesday night in December, and so on.

The best reason I can think of for opening up a ticket exchange is that it makes retaining your season ticket that much more attractive. If you have forked out £800 for two tix, but only went to half the games without managing to sell on the ones you missed, then you might think twice about doing the season ticket thing in the following season. If it is easy to sell them on, then that isn't an issue.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Let's just hope that no-one comes up with the idea of giving Pay On The Day priority to people who are on the waiting list for season tickets.
I hope not too. Most of those people are on the waiting list because they didn't sort themselves out quickly enough (although I'm sure there are exceptions).

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I think there will obviously be some that let the DD lapse, but as already said, it depends on the football for some. Me, I'm just happy that the club have started this system. I would have still bought a season ticket through the three payment scheme, but have to admit that the DD scheme has made it easier to afford.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
I know it's a great scheme Bloom has created (and it's a shame demand is greater than supply), but without it many people on lower salaries wouldn't be coming, so just out of interest......

..... how many ST holders would there be without this scheme???????

i don't think TB invented the direct debit.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I don't think it's a negative point that has been made. The direct debit deal is a BRILLIANT way of ensuring that all season tickets sold. And I think the original poster is right. Without the deal, a significant number of season ticket holders might not have bought one.

I certainly know of at least one large family group who have all bought season tickets, when - without the direct debit deal - only one of them would have done so. Incidentally, most of this group haven't been to been to a game since the Play Off final in Cardiff. What does worry me, though, is that most of them aren't planning to go to EVERY game at Falmer - and I doubt if they are going to bother selling their tickets on, either.
Ifs and buts my friend as this is a weird topic,but i do know that when any football club is on the up and doing well people find the money don't they?

To say the club have only been selling out because of a DD scheme is silly although yes it will help a few people,but if you really want something you can get it and most would,ve found the money:D

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The DD scheme and + 4 was genious and has no doubt helped.

I'd say without it 12k however, I didn't think we'd sell out with any scheme in place and am more than happy to admit I was way of the mark.

18k + is very very impressive.

A bit annoying we are in the same division as Hull who also have the same sales figures but I can't think of them other than a small club though

Ticket exchange is absolutely essential though.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The DD scheme and + 4 was genious and has no doubt helped.

I'd say without it 12k however, I didn't think we'd sell out with any scheme in place and am more than happy to admit I was way of the mark.

18k + is very very impressive.

A bit annoying we are in the same division as Hull who also have the same sales figures but I can't think of them other than a small club though

Ticket exchange is absolutely essential though.
I'd say Hull are an incredibly similar club to us in so many ways. Only had one or two top flight years in their history, despite a relatively large dormant support. Crowds that dwindle to noddy levels when in the lower leagues but could easily get 35,000 in the Prem or with a bit of success. And now they are in a new stadium, they have rarely seen crowds of less than 18-19,000.

As I say, striking similaries. Plymouth would be the same. Brighton, Hull and Plymouth all have big but fickle support IMO.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I'd say Hull are an incredibly similar club to us in so many ways. Only had one or two top flight years in their history, despite a relatively large dormant support. Crowds that dwindle to noddy levels when in the lower leagues but could easily get 35,000 in the Prem or with a bit of success. And now they are in a new stadium, they have rarely seen crowds of less than 18-19,000.

As I say, striking similaries. Plymouth would be the same. Brighton, Hull and Plymouth all have big but fickle support IMO.

I agree with this.

What I also mean is that even with a big crowd a club can still be viewed as a "small club" for a number of years. To change mindsets it takes a long time.

Not that it matters one bit I guess

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I agree with this.

What I also mean is that even with a big crowd a club can still be viewed as a "small club" for a number of years. To change mindsets it takes a long time.

Not that it matters one bit I guess
I suppose I've always considered Reading to be a smaller club than us, despite the fact they've had higher average gates than us for probably two decades now! Mind you, when Reading moved grounds, they only had a fraction of the season ticket holders we are going to have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here