Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If this AMAZING d/debit set up wasn't in place how many ST holders would there be?

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
I know it's a great scheme Bloom has created (and it's a shame demand is greater than supply), but without it many people on lower salaries wouldn't be coming, so just out of interest......

..... how many ST holders would there be without this scheme???????

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its facilitated at least 5 JCL's in our group alone who would NOT have committed to a season ticket otherwise.

38 squid a month for some of the best tickets in the house at the best stadium outside the Prem ? No brainer.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
On a serious note i don't think it would be much diffrent as you have the 2-3 payment scheme anyway,lets not look for negatives as this is wonderful and regardless of what people may presume we have still sold out no probs,also our season tickets are not cheap compared to a lot of clubs.:)

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Why do you sound surprised?

This is the 21st. century after all, and technology has advanced to the point where payments can be taken automatically from your bank account once a month...:thumbsup:

Getting Ankergren to catch a cross, or Greer not to chin an opposing c/f are more pressing concerns, shirley ???

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
paid for 2 outright and 2 are being bought by direct debit

guessing probably about 8,000 with it being our first season at the AMEX ... HOWEVER it would still be a sell out at every game.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Why do you sound surprised?

This is the 21st. century after all, and technology has advanced to the point where payments can be taken automatically from your bank account once a month...:thumbsup:

Getting Ankergren to catch a cross, or Greer not to chin an opposing c/f are more pressing concerns, shirley ???

This issue is nothing to do with how you take the money, and really its nothing to do with TB offering interest free payments as i'm sure most clubs would love to offer it, its all to do with the swipe card entry system meaning the club to stop a non payer going any time they needed to as they haven't already sent all their tickets in advance

On a serious note i don't think it would be much diffrent as you have the 2-3 payment scheme anyway,lets not look for negatives as this is wonderful and regardless of what people may presume we have still sold out no probs,also our season tickets are not cheap compared to a lot of clubs.:)
I don't think it's a negative point that has been made. The direct debit deal is a BRILLIANT way of ensuring that all season tickets sold. And I think the original poster is right. Without the deal, a significant number of season ticket holders might not have bought one.

I certainly know of at least one large family group who have all bought season tickets, when - without the direct debit deal - only one of them would have done so. Incidentally, most of this group haven't been to been to a game since the Play Off final in Cardiff. What does worry me, though, is that most of them aren't planning to go to EVERY game at Falmer - and I doubt if they are going to bother selling their tickets on, either.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What does worry me, though, is that most of them aren't planning to go to EVERY game at Falmer.

Which is why it is ESSENTIAL for the club to get an efficient, reliable, simple ticket exchange system put in place so that these tickets don't go dormant.

The demand is undoubtedly there, people are going to be crying out for spare tickets all season long. It will be farcical if we have "sold out" games and then arrive to droves of empty seats on matchday.

I desperately hope the club have this in hand from the off, but I've still not heard anything concrete yet, which is a mild concern.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
After all this arrangement is no different from many golf clubs nowadays

And as I understand it, so do some other football clubs.

Personally and IMO this first season would have sold out whatever (but that arguement and debate can go on forever and I for one aint going there, as they are sold out now and basically it's end of)

It's the following season that will be interesting, will people re-new if the club is not as successful for example, will the novelty and hype of a new stadium be over in 12 months time to all the JCLs? will the long distance travellers lose interest after a season of massive travelling expense.

Many differing reasons, which I for one will be interested to see in 12 months time.

I personally do believe that some season tickets have been purchased just for the first game, exactly how many will never be known I doubt.

Of course, should (and I hope and pray I am right here!!) the club go on in it's first season and have massive success, all the present season ticket holders will be holding a winning lottery ticket :)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
One question, what happens if people cancel their direct debit later in the season ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here