Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If things go our way in these transfer dealings......

Maybe just a full back and left back and we have something great in the making.....

Strikers from:-

Barnes
CMS
Hoskins
Bergkamp

Wingers from-

Lua Lua
Buckley
Noone

Central / Denfensive Midfield from -

Dicker
Sparrow
Navarow
Bridcutt

Defence from

Greer
Elphic
El Abb
Painter
Calderon
2 x hopefully new signings or a loanee's to cover until our other 2 are fixed.

And some great potential coming thru in Adgestine, Caskey and Dunk.

We are going up!

Last edited:

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
Maybe just a full back and left back and we have something great in the making.....

Strikers from:-

Barnes
CMS
Hoskins
Bergkamp

Wingers from-

Lua Lua
Buckley
Noone

Central / Denfensive Midfield from -

Dicker
Sparrow
Navarow
Bridcutt

Defence from

Greer
Elphic
El Abb
Painter
2 x hopefully new signings or a loanee's to cover until our other 2 are fixed.

And some great potential coming thru in Adgestine, Caskey and Dunk.

We are going up!

we are saying up?

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Add to that an attacking central midfielder and I'd be more than happy. Unless Buckley assumes that role, directly replacing Bennett, or Caskey makes the step up, though I don't think we should put too much pressure on him to make the first team too soon.

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
A good first 11 can be put out but my worry is depth. We were very lucky with injuries last season. If we get a few injuries to key players the squad starts to look very thin certainly in terms of real quality. A few positions are covered by quality but not enough IMO. Apart from a few big signings I would like to see us add a few more numbers as back up.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Even if we get CMS, I think there may be another out and out striker to come. Heard from a well-informed friend that Bergkamp is still very much one for the future which would suggest we're still potentially light up front.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Could we have a case of one big (for us) signing leads to a domino effect and more follow? I was just thinking that if we get CMS to sign it may convince other players that we're a club who mean business.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Could we have a case of one big (for us) signing leads to a domino effect and more follow? I was just thinking that if we get CMS to sign it may convince other players that we're a club who mean business.

Cant help thinking that IF he signs then it's because we have shown him other players that are set to sign and he has realised what the club is building

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Cant help thinking that IF he signs then it's because we have shown him other players that are set to sign and he has realised what the club is building

Plausible, I can imagine 3 or 4 biggish names all being told the others are close to signing, and then if one signs they are all convinced. Of course i can also imagine that this whole CMS rumour is from some spotty 13 year old troll, sitting in a smelly bedroom, skinning his sausage over all the excitement.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Plausible, I can imagine 3 or 4 biggish names all being told the others are close to signing, and then if one signs they are all convinced. Of course i can also imagine that this whole CMS rumour is from some spotty 13 year old troll, sitting in a smelly bedroom, skinning his sausage over all the excitement.

Very true

The only thing that is making me wonder if this is true is Poyets comments in the argus, first saying that he hadn't given up and the second saying that has anyone said our bid has been turned down.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Woods instead of Navarro if you're assuming 'all goes our way today'. He's the most realistic although hopefully Lua Lua and either CMS or a top striker will come in sometime this month.

Then indeed do only need defenders in my opinion (Gus says happy with keepers despite being our weakest position in my opinion, just cos got depth, doesn't mean don't need to improve!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here