Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If they were to build a MASSIVE permanent travellers site in Sussex

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
I hear there's a nice piece of land between Lancing and Shoreham. Actually that would be a good idea, propose a travellers site there and then they'll welcome the training facility with open arms.

Seems the perfect low rise development they are looking for.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
I vote Crowborough... Just close enough to (Royal) Tunbridge Wells to piss off the "gentry" there :D :D

Every time travellers move into TW, The Courier has an absolute shit fit - if they had a permanent residence then they'd lose their marbles!!!

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Just what NSC needs , another thread giving the twatocracy a chance to air their bigotry towards gypsys and their Little England prejudices towards fellow Sussex residents.

This. Any thread that suggests a MASSIVE travellers' site in capital letters, and asks where we should 'lump 'em' can't then profess to be asking for sensible discussion.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
This. Any thread that suggests a MASSIVE travellers' site in capital letters, and asks where we should 'lump 'em' can't then profess to be asking for sensible discussion.

Who pissed in your milk? If it's all the same to you I will profess what I like cheers.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Who pissed in your milk? If it's all the same to you I will profess what I like cheers.

Threads that use language inviting abuse of minority groups piss in my milk as you put it. You go ahead, just don't then claim it's a serious discussion of the issues at hand, because if it was you would use more sensible language.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Another anti travellers thread,i would welcome travellers nearby,what a lovely way to spend the evenings listening to guitarist and singers dancing round a camp fire having your palm read,just think of the things you could learn about living in harmony with the country,and maybe they would let you have the reigns as the horses pulled the caravan off down another country lane for more adventures!:moo:
:D :D

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Threads that use language inviting abuse of minority groups piss in my milk as you put it. You go ahead, just don't then claim it's a serious discussion of the issues at hand, because if it was you would use more sensible language.

I didn't invite abuse at anyone nor would I want to. Admittedly I said that travellers setting up shop in certain places has upset locals - which is true! It might be a controversial truth but it's still the truth. I am claiming that I'm making an attempt at a serious discussion. I'm not going to word myself like a pompous twat just because it's a sensitive issue.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Just what NSC needs , another thread giving the twatocracy a chance to air their bigotry towards gypsys and their Little England prejudices towards fellow Sussex residents.

Do you have any stats to show that pikey crime rates are no different from the general population or do you always make it up as you go along?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

Are you one of the sheeple that consider women a minority group?

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Z
I didn't invite abuse at anyone nor would I want to. Admittedly I said that travellers setting up shop in certain places has upset locals - which is true! It might be a controversial truth but it's still the truth. I am claiming that I'm making an attempt at a serious discussion. I'm not going to word myself like a pompous twat just because it's a sensitive issue.

Fair enough and as I said, go ahead. I just think the way you started the thread was more likely to reinforce prejudice than start a serious discussion. Apologies if I misread your intention, but I do think language used is important in emotive issues like this.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Where should it be?

Been a typical summer where Travellers have landed all over the place upsetting locals at various locations. I myself had to re-route my nightly jogging circuit when they set up shop bang in the middle of my favourite park.

If we could have ONE legal site to send them to in Sussex then where should we lump em?

*I\'d appreciate it if we didn\'t turn this thread into a debate about travellers in general - just stick to the topic at hand ;-)

your back garden :thumbsup:

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
Are you one of the sheeple that consider women a minority group?

wake_up_sheeple.png

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Even though they are a majority? Most people can see through that kind of flannel.:)

Of course they're in the majority, though why women are so under represented in positions of power and authority is a different question.

I can't work out whether it's you or me that needs sarcasm lessons. I guess that's what I get for having a conversation with someone called looney. :)

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Another anti travellers thread,i would welcome travellers nearby,what a lovely way to spend the evenings listening to guitarist and singers dancing round a camp fire having your palm read,just think of the things you could learn about living in harmony with the country,and maybe they would let you have the reigns as the horses pulled the caravan off down another country lane for more adventures!:moo:

Exactly how could anyone be opposed to our romany friends who never do no wrong

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here