Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If the Referendum had been PR v FPTP

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
We have PR here and I would be amazed if the UK ever implemented it or anything like it.

It is good tp have the opportunity to oust someone unpopular, which is achievable in FPTP at a constituency level (remember Neil Hamilton). That is not possible in PR if the person in question still has party support as in on their list.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
We have PR here and I would be amazed if the UK ever implemented it or anything like it.

It is good tp have the opportunity to oust someone unpopular, which is achievable in FPTP at a constituency level (remember Neil Hamilton). That is not possible in PR if the person in question still has party support as in on their list.

I remember Neil Hamilton. He lost to Martin Bell after the Lib Dem, Labour and other candidates withdrew to avoid splitting the vote. Just like the later stages of AV.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Castello

Castello
May 28, 2009
Tottenham
PR would have been defeated far more heavily than AV. The Pro-PR mob are morons. PR by its nature only works if you are electing 7+ candidates, so there would be no local accountability. No sane human would ever vote for PR. The best the electoral reform lot can hope for now is another vote on AV in around 20 years. Anyone who voted No to AV as they wanted PR has less braincells than the average cat turd.

and this coming from a Charlton Athletic fan.

oh sorry just ignore me, I'm a moron with less braincells than an average cat turd who by some miracle managed to type a sentence.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
and this coming from a Charlton Athletic fan.

oh sorry just ignore me, I'm a moron with less braincells than an average cat turd who by some miracle managed to type a sentence.

It's amazing, isn't it? Why do these people even bother with democracy if they feel this way? "I'm right and if you disagree with me it's not because of a deeply felt political belief but because you're stupid." I'm surprised FatAddick hasn't bemoaned the fact that we have a vote at all if we're just going to waste it on what we think is right.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
It's amazing, isn't it? Why do these people even bother with democracy if they feel this way? "I'm right and if you disagree with me it's not because of a deeply felt political belief but because you're stupid." I'm surprised FatAddick hasn't bemoaned the fact that we have a vote at all if we're just going to waste it on what we think is right.

he hasnt got a telly either, that makes him cleverer apparently. unless its due to non payment of council tax really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here