Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If the greens are winning all these seats in Brighton from Labour...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
...isn't that a really bad thing stadium-wise?

Wasn't a green councillor the only one to oppose the stadium?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Well at least 1 - Joyce Edmond Smith lost her seat to a green in my ward (Hanover and Elm Grove)... and she's been a councillor for 20 years.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
They've got 8 right now!

They also won Regency, which has been Labour since about 1983/4

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Plus they were on the loose in Preston Park too, which has yet to be declared.

Labour could find itself in 3rd place.

rospants

off to ronan in the park!
Jul 11, 2005
brighton
Notters said:
Well at least 1 - Joyce Edmond Smith lost her seat to a green in my ward (Hanover and Elm Grove)... and she's been a councillor for 20 years.

met the girl who beat her yesterday, vicky she is only 22 and seems like she will do a really good job

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Labour are up to 11 now.

Green's have 8, and if Labour want to do what they can to reduce the impact of the Tories, I feel elements of Green-appeasement

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I would have thought that any increase in the green representation could potwentially hamper any future development be it the marina, black rock, i360 etc etc. Hopefully anything that has already been voted on such as Falmer, Sussex CCC, Ghery towers will still be OK.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
i360 has already been voted on, thank god.

Building work is due to begin in June anyway, they have been clearing that compound under the Pier so work can begin.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
JJ McClure said:
I would have thought that any increase in the green representation could potwentially hamper any future development be it the marina, black rock, i360 etc etc. Hopefully anything that has already been voted on such as Falmer, Sussex CCC, Ghery towers will still be OK.

... and planning permission for Falmer is in the hands of the Secretary of State. Besides which the City Council was already minded to grant permission.

Oct 25, 2003
greens aren't anti-development full stop.....they tend to "approve with conditions" so that certain environmental aspects are seen to

which is, i believe, what they did with falmer....may be wrong though

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Am I right in saying that they are against Falmer?

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
they are pretty NIMBY-ish though.

If they have 11 like reported on another thread, they have quite some sway now.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
They've now ousted council leader Simon Burgess in my ward - Queen's Park

Green RAMPAGE I tell you

And Tommy is right, they are not anti-development

Oct 25, 2003
bigc said:
they are pretty NIMBY-ish though.

If they have 11 like reported on another thread, they have quite some sway now.

i'm not sure about the "nimby" tag........as i said, they're generally not against developments that are environmentally sound, their issues lie with developments in green belts and other such "non-green" projects

one example would be that they're generally in favour of wind farms, which are a nimby's WET DREAM

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
turienzo's lovechild said:
i'm not sure about the "nimby" tag........as i said, they're generally not against developments that are environmentally sound, their issues lie with developments in green belts and other such "non-green" projects

one example would be that they're generally in favour of wind farms, which are a nimby's WET DREAM

But a new ground near the south downs?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
turienzo's lovechild said:

Not true. They were opposed to the Sainsbury by the station; a brownfield site next to public transport.

If that wasn't environmentally sound, god knows what is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here