Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If the first game of the season wasn't Sat 3pm, what would you prefer as KO time?

Preferred KO time if not 3pm

• Friday 7.45pm

Votes: 11 10.8%
  • Saturday 12.30pm

Votes: 11 10.8%
  • Saturday 5.15pm

Votes: 67 65.7%
  • Sunday 1.00pm

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Sunday 3.00pm

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Monday 7.45pm

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Not fussed

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Like most, Saturday at 5.15pm. Evening game would have a brilliant atmosphere to it after a full days build up.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
12:30 Saturday , I'll be up from the crack of dawn no doubt due to excitement and will want to be up there as soon as possible

and this will also allow working out ways home before it starts to get dark :)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Friday or Saturday, not Sunday or Monday otherwise there will be blood spilt.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'd prefer an evening kick off but as half the interest in televising us will be the stadium I'm pretty certain it will be a full daylight game. I also imagine the police and club would quite like a daylight finish on the 1st league game too as the infrastructure in getting away from a chokka block ground won't have been that well tested

If they kick off at 5.15pm the game will finish about 7.00pm or just after depending on added time etc and in early August it is still daylight until quite late at least well after the match is due to finish. Doubt very much they would settle for 7.30 kick off due to TV scheduling. Which channel has the rights to live Championship games.

Last edited:

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
A Sunday afternoon kick-off wouldn't be too bad, but it just won't be the same if it's not Saturday 3pm. An evening kick-off would be SHITE as loads of kids won't be able to go

School holidays so less of an issue for most and I'm sure that parents would make the effort for such a special event.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Any parent who keeps his child away from the first game at the Amex because it an evening kickoff would be a prize COCK of the highest order, and is storing up a lifetime of bitterness once the child grows up.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Sunday would be a disaster. Its my Mums 75th birthday and she has booked lunch for all the family at The Grand. I can't contemplate having to make a choice!

matt_32510

Feb 7, 2011
Portslade
Anything but a Saturday 5:15pm kick off as I start work at 7pm (and cant get time off due to me only coming back from holiday on the 4th August)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here