Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If the club and Poyet kiss and make up...

How will you feel if the club and Poyet kiss and make up?

• Happy - I trust Bloom and the project continues.

Votes: 307 58.7%
  • Unhappy - Poyet's shown his hand and will do so again sooner rather than later.

Votes: 140 26.8%
  • Fence

Votes: 76 14.5%

• Total voters

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
i'm firmly on the fence, very frustrated by the whole situation, on one hand i love Gus for the character he is and the players he can attract just coz he's Gus.
On the other i'd like a manager who spends a little more time on the touchline, one who's not afraid to change the system sometimes when needed. I firmly believe that we need a plan B, other teams will have noticed how when closed down quickly we cant adapt, also like many others i'd love to see us play two up front at home sometimes, in my opinion many of those drawn games could have turned into three points with a more attack minded approach. That said i'd take the passing game we've played over the likes of the stoke way for instance.
Hope the situation gets sorted soon tho, we need to be sorting the squad out asap, limbo land is no good for anyone.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
The longer the slience goes on the more i lean to a kiss and make up situation. I think this would be led by Poyet rather than TB and PB. Why? He may have some reflection time. It would appear the no prem clubs want him - i would imagine he would be gone by now if that was the case. Only one current vacancy in prem and he wont get that job. Wigan and Millwall the only clubs with vacancies in the Championship - i suppose wigan is a possiblity for Poyet - iam sure Whelan will have a big enough budget to tempt Poyet. So by this rational perhaps no job until Christmas or first EPL sackings?? He just might be realizing he has dropped a huge bollock here? Alot of people see brighton as one of the best managerial options outside the prem. Perhaps Poyet has had a road to damascus moment - convinced? I have no idea but i dont think a renuion is not out of the question. Would i want it probably.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Bit like a few people on here the longer it goes the more I lean towards a possible kiss and make up situation. Clearly any potential premiership job has now gone at least until october, november and would gus view wigan as a stepping stone, not sure. His chelsea option appears to have gone short term, you will expect the new manager there to be in situ 2 years, so where can he manage to keep himself in the limelight. I would just worry that his heart would not be in the job and trust all round between fans and gus and board and gus gone. But the longer it goes the more I think this could be the result. Clearly if anything was clear cut either way it will have been resolved. But what do I know.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm firmly in the kiss and make up school of thought as you probably all know.

I think people underestimate what Poyet has done for the footballing side of this club.

But either way we really need to get this sorted out asap. The longer this drags the more chance we have of losing key players and having less time to sign replacements.

The club needs to progress and continue to go forwards.

I think people underestimate what Poyet has done for the footballing side of this club.

But either way we really need to get this sorted out asap. The longer this drags the more chance we have of losing key players and having less time to sign replacements.

No I don't think we do if truth be told, it's just I think Poyet has underestimated what managing us has done for him, remember he was only an Assistant when Bloom gave him his chance.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I agree the longer this saga goes on the more likely Gus will be our manager next season. I rated Gus, thought he would move on to bigger fish than us in the future. His attitude however really pissed me off. Always looking towards the next big job (ooh sorry no pun intended) while not really praising the club/fans/team he already had at his disposal.
I admit I, at one point wanted him out and thought a fresh face might rejuvenate our stuttering race to the promised land. But the managers being mentioned to replace him have not filled me with enthusiasm in the slightest.

Maybe he will return, it will be hard for all parties because if he started badly I could see the fans turning on him however if he got his act together and saw us to promotion the fans would adore him again. Its a really weired situation but if he came back I would support him but still think it is time for him and the club to part.:bhasign:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

No, I really don't think they do.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Whilst I am on the fence re the merits of Gus staying at the helm, I completely agree with the sentiment that Poyets achievements on the pitch have been underestimated. He has taken the club to it's highest league finish in decades, he has been able to attract a standard of player to the club which in recent times would have been unthinkable, he has also instilled a footballing philosophy not just in the first team, but throughout the entire run of Albion teams. Whether you like him or not, he has been a success here and in my opinion it has been a fun tenure which I have enjoyed immensely.

If the club and Gus can restart the season on the same page and the air cleared then I more than happy to see Poyet back on the sidelines next season. If however he truly has burnt his bridges with the club, then he can go merrily on his way. The playoff semi-final aside I shall remember his time here as a good one.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Whilst I am on the fence re the merits of Gus staying at the helm, I completely agree with the sentiment that Poyets achievements on the pitch have been underestimated. He has taken the club to it's highest league finish in decades, he has been able to attract a standard of player to the club which in recent times would have been unthinkable, he has also instilled a footballing philosophy not just in the first team, but throughout the entire run of Albion teams. Whether you like him or not, he has been a success here and in my opinion it has been a fun tenure which I have enjoyed immensely.

If the club and Gus can restart the season on the same page and the air cleared then I more than happy to see Poyet back on the sidelines next season. If however he truly has burnt his bridges with the club, then he can go merrily on his way. The playoff semi-final aside I shall remember his time here as a good one.

Excellently said.

If Poyet stays I'll support him as I would do any incumbent Brighton manager. But I certainly wouldn't be singing his name again anytime soon after the disrespectful way he has treated the club and the fans. I think the best option would be to move on with a new and more grounded manager.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Agreed - so how can you say his achievements they've been 'underestimated'? Even us old farts who remember the 'Glory Years' of Mullery say that this is easily the best era since those days. (And it was on-track to surpass them).

[Mullery. Another great player whose first managerial appointment was at Brighton. Never really kicked on though after leaving us. Food for thought eh, Gus?]

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
I've been thinking long and hard about this over the last two weeks and I can't, in all honesty, see how Gus can come back. Lets be honest he's made it pretty plain over the last season especially that he feels his talents are wasted here and he should be in the Prem or managing some top Spanish side.

Can everyone not see that if he did continue, (probably through gritted teeth), at the first mention of some Premiership club in trouble, (usually about September/October), he would almost certainly jump at the chance and be off. I want a manager who feels committed to BHA, is willing to give it a go for 3 years or so and doesn't continually flaunt himself at every club rumour or vacancy. Its not also ideal trying to attract players to the club if the problems with the current manager have just been papered over.

So sorry Gus, thanks for everything, I and many others will wish you well and have fond memories of 95% of your time with us. However, if you stay, I would support you and the club but I'm afraid the trust has now gone. Best to go while we still have some respect for you I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here