Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If the club and Poyet kiss and make up...

How will you feel if the club and Poyet kiss and make up?

• Happy - I trust Bloom and the project continues.

Votes: 307 58.7%
  • Unhappy - Poyet's shown his hand and will do so again sooner rather than later.

Votes: 140 26.8%
  • Fence

Votes: 76 14.5%

• Total voters

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I would love to see him stay. Although obviously gutted about the play off result, we had a brilliant season and have improved every year he has been with us. I'd like to see him finish what he started here, but without all the touting himself to clubs that are only really the same size as us, ie Reading.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Now you know that that is not the case for many/most people don't you?

Having a Plan B means being able to adapt to what is happening on the pitch when the original plan isn't working-something that doesn't seem to have happened for 2 years once we've gone a goal down. Most successful managers have a Plan B which does not mean resorting to hoofball tactics but you already know that.

Yes, I'm aware of that, but there are a section of our fan base for whom it applies to.

I believe we come back to draw more frequently than we let leads slip to draws, and I believe we have plan b and beyond, but the differences aren't always clear to fans, and that the not coming from. Behind stat isn't about not having a plan b, it's about statistical quirks, eliminating friendliest and cup games, and about our players switching off - we were on the verge of coming from behind to beat wolves at their place, but our players switched off late in the game. We were on the verge of coming from behind to beat Leeds at the Amex last season, but again, player errors cost us.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Yes, I'm aware of that, but there are a section of our fan base for whom it applies to.

I believe we come back to draw more frequently than we let leads slip to draws, and I believe we have plan b and beyond, but the differences aren't always clear to fans, and that the not coming from. Behind stat isn't about not having a plan b, it's about statistical quirks, eliminating friendliest and cup games, and about our players switching off - we were on the verge of coming from behind to beat wolves at their place, but our players switched off late in the game. We were on the verge of coming from
behind to beat Leeds at the Amex last season, but again, player errors cost us.

Statistical quirk or not, this is not just over the last two seasons. We seriously struggled to come from behind to win under Gus at Withdean. I would like to see accurate figures but I would guess that in league games under Gus ( 170-175 ish ) we have won less than 5 after going a goal down.
I stand to be corrected but my gut feeling is that this is a feature of his whole management tenure at BHA.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Yet we finished above them, so we must have done something ok.

Having the likes of Ulloa who cost as much as our starting 11 in the Playoff Final might have something to do with it.

If I were a Brighton fan, I'm not sure how bothered I would be if Poyet stayed or not, I'd just want some bloomin' closure so you can kick start your plans for next season.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Having the likes of Ulloa who cost as much as our starting 11 in the Playoff Final might have something to do with it.

If I were a Brighton fan, I'm not sure how bothered I would be if Poyet stayed or not, I'd just want some bloomin' closure so you can kick start your plans for next season.

Weird...so you haven't paid anything for your academy, nor pay anything for it's coaches, nor pay the players anything, nor believe in signing on fees? Amazing, you must teach us how to do business.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It would be hard to trust Poyet, hard to see it as anything other than a marriage of convenience as he's basically said he's off. I'm not sure how easy it will be for him to manage in that situation.

Still be better than Redknapp though.

is this another urban myth...when exactly did he say " I am off"?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Statistical quirk or not, this is not just over the last two seasons. We seriously struggled to come from behind to win under Gus at Withdean. I would like to see accurate figures but I would guess that in league games under Gus ( 170-175 ish ) we have won less than 5 after going a goal down.
I stand to be corrected but my gut feeling is that this is a feature of his whole management tenure at BHA.

we got a record 95 points in a season & you want to be pedantic about whether the others scored first? I can tell you of one - Dagenham & Redbridge after 30 secs which we won to get promoted.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

As far as I can work out:

behind ahead gus.jpg

Under gus while we called withdean home, we conceded first 26 times. We won 7, drew 5.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
For me It would need a press conference with the same body language as when Bloom appointed Poyet ! A statement of intent.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Don't care as long as no one bigger than club and we are realistic and money doesn't grow on trees Its been a roller coaster journey with the Albion and I am sure more ups and downs to come.:drama::drama:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
For me It would need a press conference with the same body language as when Bloom appointed Poyet ! A statement of intent.

With the words "Gus has been given a top 6 budget" ..............so that's a NO then..bye Gus

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I would love to see him stay. Although obviously gutted about the play off result, we had a brilliant season and have improved every year he has been with us. I'd like to see him finish what he started here, but without all the touting himself to clubs that are only really the same size as us, ie Reading.

Agree with this apart from the touting himself to Reading (sorry, do you REALLY believe he was 'touting' himself to them? not just meeting a club who were interested in him). IF the club really can clear the air and we can get back to football, Gus is the best man to finish the job. Stability is a wonderful thing and as SS says, Gus has improved the football team year on year, that's a fact people can't argue with with 'plan b's', 'tactics' or 'going behind'.

Improve us again, we're up (well, unless we come third and lose in the Play Off final).

Let's not forget our form after we got the striker we'd been looking for too. We'd probably be planning our premier league budget now if we'd landed Leo in the summer.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
If he keeps hold of the current squad (inc. loanees) bar Vicente - and perhaps even improves it a little more - I highly doubt we'd start next season badly.

This is true. I don't doubt for a second that the players trust him, despite what some bull shitters say. Keeping/replacing Bridge/Upson will be tricky.But if we do, and Leo plays all season like he did for half a season, we'll be right up there again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here