• I'd give up my season ticket but still support the club

Votes: 43 14.1%
  • I'd performatively flounce out but be back in 6 months

Votes: 15 4.9%
  • I'd stop buying club merchandise but still show up at games

Votes: 11 3.6%
  • I'd not change anything to how I currently do things

Votes: 76 24.9%
  • I'd be all in - We're winning the Quadruple baby!

Votes: 12 3.9%

• Total voters

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Doesn’t touch any nerve. I am very happy to vote Tory. In fact I consider the Labour Party to be morally repugnant, which is the reason I don’t vote for them. The difference is that I don’t troll threads making digs about people who vote for the party I consider morally repugnant. I have posted on this non political thread to avoid political obsessives such as yourself. If you wish to continue to derail this thread though then take a read of the following:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2007/may/21/foreignpolicy.uk

I have no comment on this as my voting decisions are different from what I want from my football club. You though I’m guessing will never vote Labour again. I wonder if you voted for Blair. I’m presuming not.

I didn’t know you were on this thread or who you vote for. You’ve taken it personally, as you did on the other thread because you’re clearly easily upset.

I actually think it’s an important point that our current government is funded by donors from arms dealers and does award billions in military contracts to the Saudis. I don’t ignore that then suddenly get upset because they’ve bought a football team. It’s no trolling, it’s a valid point. Other political parties is just whataboutery, I’ve never endorsed another party or who you should vote for. If don’t agree with the viewpoint, fine, but don’t call it snide or trolling just because you take things personally.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You have morals or you don’t. Walking away from a Saudi owned Albion is an easy decision not a tough one. If you’d be happy with it then that’s your choice, I wouldn’t be happy and i’d be gone.

The celebrating Geordies are shallow glory hunters and nothing more nothing less. That is not what football is about.

They also think they have had it really tough under Ashley. Like playing a season in the Championship with a PL squad and splashing 50 million on a striker when they came back up at the first attempt. Their demonstrations against Ashley were pathetic too.

They have absolutely no idea what having a tough time as a club feels like

Entitled doesn’t begin to cover it. Running around with tea towels on their heads is also mind boggling.

I would bloody love it if they got relegated this season, which has to still be a possibilty.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Touches a nerve doesn’t it, pick and choosing your morality. You don’t belong on a forum if you can’t handle alternative views to yours. If it’s got F all to do with me - don’t post publicly about, pretty bloody simple. I didn’t even know you’d posted - it was just a generic comment.

You’re being a moron. We don’t decide as an individual who governs us, nor do we get any say in how a government helps U.K. based arms company trade with.

But as an individual I can ensure money I personally invest does do in an ethical way, and I choose where I go on holiday and spend my money.

We as individuals can also decide if and why we would stop supporting our football club without being a hypocrite.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
They also think they have had it really tough under Ashley. Like playing a season in the Championship with a PL squad and splashing 50 million on a striker when they came back up at the first attempt. Their demonstrations against Ashley were pathetic too.

Entitled doesn’t begin to cover it. Running around with tea towels on their heads is also mind boggling.

I would bloody love it if they got relegated this season, which has to still be a possibilty.

While I have some understanding that they werent too pleased with Ashley, I agree about the other things.

Also hope they get relegated. Hopefully the players will find it demoralising to understand that a lot of them will be replaced by January and struggle to win anything until them, leaving them too far away from saving the season with their expected new army of toy soldiers.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I didn’t know you were on this thread or who you vote for. You’ve taken it personally, as you did on the other thread because you’re clearly easily upset.

I actually think it’s an important point that our current government is funded by donors from arms dealers and does award billions in military contracts to the Saudis. I don’t ignore that then suddenly get upset because they’ve bought a football team. It’s no trolling, it’s a valid point. Other political parties is just whataboutery, I’ve never endorsed another party or who you should vote for. If don’t agree with the viewpoint, fine, but don’t call it snide or trolling just because you take things personally.

Doesn’t wash. Your snide post 168 was only two posts below mine. As to whataboutery that is laughable. You have basically said what about voting for a party that sells arms to Saudi when people have expressed an opinion on a Saudi takeover of a football club. You appear to be the king of whataboutery. My irritation at sanctimonious political obsessives such as yourself is not upset.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Could not agree more. Absolutely bang on. They are pathetic

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Doesn’t wash. Your snide post 168 was only two posts below mine. As to whataboutery that is laughable. You have basically said what about voting for a party that sells arms to Saudi when people have expressed an opinion on a Saudi takeover of a football club. You appear to be the king of whataboutery. My irritation at sanctimonious political obsessives such as yourself is not upset.

No, I’ve said that if you are morally outraged at the Saudi regime with all their human rights record etc. getting involved in football, or whatever else in the UK, then surely you must also be outraged at our arms dealings with them. It’s not whataboutery the common thread is your view on Saudi Arabia.

How can having a view on what Saudi Arabia can or can’t do not political? Including those posting above? The very notion of passing a moral judgment on a foreign state is political.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
djt724ci2pkvpvpr_1594645430.jpeg.jpg City owners in their everyday garb.

100823-017-Man_City_Liverpool.jpg

City owners at the Etihad.

I wonder why they feel the need to change clothing from what they wear 99% of the time?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
View attachment 141171 City owners in their everyday garb.

View attachment 141172

City owners at the Etihad.

I wonder why they feel the need to change clothing from what they wear 99% of the time?

Probably for a variety of reasons, including the likelihood of this style of clothing originating from "its pretty ****ing warm here so lets wear something light coloured and covering as protection from the sun" which might not be a huge problem in Manchester.

What people wear is not the problem.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
No, I’ve said that if you are morally outraged at the Saudi regime with all their human rights record etc. getting involved in football, or whatever else in the UK, then surely you must also be outraged at our arms dealings with them. It’s not whataboutery the common thread is your view on Saudi Arabia.

How can having a view on what Saudi Arabia can or can’t do not political? Including those posting above? The very notion of passing a moral judgment on a foreign state is political.

No, because it was ever so. The Blair Government did the same. We would have no-one to vote for if we cherry picked individual causes as deal breakers in casting our vote. I don’t make my voting decisions about that. I have explained very clearly though how much I value the current ownership of the club and that is more important to me than politics. Sorry. Please stop derailing the thread.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
No, because it was ever so. The Blair Government did the same. We would have no-one to vote for if we cherry picked individual causes as deal breakers in casting our vote. I don’t make my voting decisions about that. I have explained very clearly though how much I value the current ownership of the club and that is more important to me than politics. Sorry. Please stop derailing the thread.

I’m entitled to my view as are you. Don’t call someone snide if you don’t want a thread derailed or further replies. Ive been civil to you and always explained my viewpoint. Thread is not derailed if people remain civil in their exchanges.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I could agree with that. If they want to do their thing - stoning people, starving & bombing people in Yemen and so forth - what can you do? Just shrug. After all, Yemen isnt that important. That war brings in a lot of money to Western countries, which is why you pretty much never hear about it in the media. And if there are no headlines, there is no thing, so there's not right to intervene or complain. Fine.

But what you should have the right to demand is that clubs participating in England should be English (well, or Welsh). Its a bit late now and a lot of owners would be need to be grandfathered but its not unreasonable.There is no law of nature saying that anyone from anywhere doing anything should be allowed to own a football club. These things can be regulated... if someone wants to regulate it.

When the ESL thing was happening, there was talk about introducing the 50+1 rule in England. It needs to be done. Its just a matter of time before some club is bought by... *trying to think of someone worse than the Saudi government*... ehh. Jeffrey Dahmer?

Surely you try and understand why they can believe such things are okay and start to show them why it really isn't? Isn't the best way of doing that by opening some sort of connection with them instead of making them the enemy? If you can't convince individuals today, then over time perhaps you can convince people it is wrong. That is why it was a travesty when America pulled out of Iraq ( I don't agree how they got in but when they were there things were changing for the good) as everything is going back to how it was and therefore makes the last 20 years about nothing more than revenge.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Surely you try and understand why they can believe such things are okay and start to show them why it really isn't? Isn't the best way of doing that by opening some sort of connection with them instead of making them the enemy? If you can't convince individuals today, then over time perhaps you can convince people it is wrong. That is why it was a travesty when America pulled out of Iraq ( I don't agree how they got in but when they were there things were changing for the good) as everything is going back to how it was and therefore makes the last 20 years about nothing more than revenge.

They are not ****ing over millions of people in Yemen because they believe it is "right", they are doing it for economical and geopolitical reasons. There is no one to convince.

I dont want any connection with them.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Has anyone asked if [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] would keep NSC going if it happened?

Maybe a chance for a buy out or lucrative advertising deals!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Should the Albion ever again go over to the dark side, we've got a fit-for-purpose St Pauli-equivalent on our doorstep. Yup, Lewes Town.

Not sure they could cope with the numbers, but they're damn well doing everything superbly that a genuine community club should be doing

Rinkmaster

Oct 1, 2020
Newhaven
Should the Albion ever again go over to the dark side, we've got a fit-for-purpose St Pauli-equivalent on our doorstep. Yup, Lewes Town.

Not sure they could cope with the numbers, but they're damn well doing everything superbly that a genuine community club should be doing
Exactly this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here