Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Swine Flu was just called Flu, there would be less panic?

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Thinking about this last night. If they never mentioned the word Swine, and just said a new varient of Flu is going around do you think people would have looked at this whole thing differently? Bloody media. Again its not a hot story for the media anymore, so they have time to post and write other crap. Now we seem to be back to focusing on immigration again.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Swine Flu should be renamed Yawn Flu - I was bored of it the first time it was mentioned many months ago.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
What 'could' it turn into?

From what I have read, and I am a mere nobody, swine flu could mutate into something much worse something more deadly. At the moment the death rate is about the same as normal flu. What we need to do is watch what happens in Europian winter to see how bad i could get. Looking at Australia, as there are/were in winter it went past ok there.

Its not just the media that is hyping this up it the WHO. And i would say they know alittle bit more about it than we do.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Which one is going to end the world??????

Swine Flu?
Global Warming?
Climate Change?
Ozone Layer?
WW3?
Now the Plague?
Alian invation?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
yep. the panic is because "bird flu" never crossed over but primed the media and public, then when "swine flu" orginally surfaced in Mexico it was thought to have a very high death rate, under 1 in 10, though that turned out to be bollocks too. but the WHO and media had ran with it and here we are, instead of "summer flu going round" civilisation is on the brink of collapse.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
............and at the end of the day,SOMETHING will kill you.

CHILL,you only die once.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It was released by pharmaceutical companies so they could flourish in the global recession in order to sell millions of doses of tamiflu, a drug which can have side effects worse than flu itself.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
From what I have read, and I am a mere nobody, swine flu could mutate into something much worse something more deadly. At the moment the death rate is about the same as normal flu.

I'm pretty sure the same can be said about pretty much all viruses. Even the regular common flu.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
It was released by pharmaceutical companies so they could flourish in the global recession in order to sell millions of doses of tamiflu, a drug which can have side effects worse than flu itself.

Go find out who owns 'Tamiflu'.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
My dad works for Roche, we have 16 boxes of Tamiflu at home! Does this mean i'm never going to be wiped out if its swine flu that causes the end of humanity?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here