Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Swansea are presented the League One Trophy at Withdean...

What will you do after the game?

• Stay and applaud the champions

Votes: 79 59.8%
  • Leave as soon as possible - I don't want to applaud someone else

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • Leave as soon as the Albion players have done their lap of honour

Votes: 21 15.9%
  • Not sure - see how it goes

Votes: 21 15.9%

• Total voters

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Will we do a guard of honour for them as the come on the pitch ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The verdict should be delivered on 1st May so why not keep the trophy and Swansea open their ground on Sunday lunchtime free to allow their supporters in and present it to them there on that day. I am sure if that happened here to us in similar circumstances the ground would be full.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The verdict should be delivered on 1st May so why not keep the trophy and Swansea open their ground on Sunday lunchtime free to allow their supporters in and present it to them there on that day. I am sure if that happened here to us in similar circumstances the ground would be full.

Do you remember them opening up the goldstone after we got promoted to old First Division ? (sure it was that...)

I seem to recall the pitch having been removed by the time.

For some reason - we went in the South Stand to watch it, was the West Stand closed that day ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes I do, but it would be little use presenting the trophy to Swansea as there will only be about 5 -600 there at the most and from their seats they wont see anything anyway.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
You're on your own there I think.

I would have thought that we would. same as Shrewsbury, Halifax and Port Vale did for us.

Also if Yeovill beat Leeds on Friday and Swans win on Saturday then they will be champions anyway regardless whether weeds get their points back so they should have the trophy then.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I would have thought that we would. same as Shrewsbury, Halifax and Port Vale did for us.

Also if Yeovill beat Leeds on Friday and Swans win on Saturday then they will be champions anyway regardless whether weeds get their points back so they should have the trophy then.

Sorry it was a sarcastic reply to Beachy, I thought he was implying he was actually going to do the guard of honour himself

:down:

Of course they deserve it and I'll give them a round of applause.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Do you remember them opening up the goldstone after we got promoted to old First Division ? (sure it was that...)

I seem to recall the pitch having been removed by the time.

For some reason - we went in the South Stand to watch it, was the West Stand closed that day ?

No, I was in the West Stand.

The pitch was a ploughed field and the players walked round the sides.

Great day!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Also if Yeovil beat Leeds on Friday and Swans win on Saturday then they will be champions anyway regardless whether weeds get their points back so they should have the trophy then.
Not necessarily , Leeds will then ask for the 10 points deducted last season to be added onto the 15.:lol:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I am absolutely amazed by the results of this poll. You lot are a bloody excellent example to all decent sporting footy fans. :clap:

Me? I absolutely hate watching anyone else celebrate. I am humbled by your sportsmanship, but I'll be legging it out of there asap after the final whistle and down the pub.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
I shall stay and applaud the deserved champions of this division. If it was Leeds in the same scenario however..........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here