Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Swansea are presented the League One Trophy at Withdean...

What will you do after the game?

• Stay and applaud the champions

Votes: 79 59.8%
  • Leave as soon as possible - I don't want to applaud someone else

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • Leave as soon as the Albion players have done their lap of honour

Votes: 21 15.9%
  • Not sure - see how it goes

Votes: 21 15.9%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Depends on the weather :)

*fairweather fan*

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Yes I think I would. Over the course of the season they have been the best team so deserve the trophy and applause that goes with it.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
I would stay, but its not going to happen is it?
Won`t they get the trophy on saturday at the Liberty stadium?

I think our players should clap them on to the pitch before the game as has happened at games when we have been champions.

Do you think our players will have a lap of honour?
i thought the swansea fans might invade the pitch.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Invade the pitch? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

It would take them about 4 hours to get near the pitch, let alone on it!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I would stay, but its not going to happen is it?
Won`t they get the trophy on saturday at the Liberty stadium?

I think our players should clap them on to the pitch before the game as has happened at games when we have been champions.

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Swansea City | No trophy presentation for Swans

From the link.

"Following legal advice, the Football League will not present the League One trophy to Swansea City at their match with Leyton Orient," a statement read.

"This is due to the ongoing arbitration hearing involving Leeds United.

"The panel in the hearing have committed to provide a verdict on or before 1 May and the League has been advised not to engage in any actions which might be misconstrued or viewed as pre-empting the arbitration process in any way.''

And in answer to the question yes I would stop and clap Swansea as Champions of the Division.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Absolutely - sportsmanship dictates they should be applauded

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
I hope to but if it's pissing down I doubt I'll hang around after our lap of honour.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Remember at Port Vale a couple of years back, they made all the Vale fans leave before they'd let the Albion back onto the pitch for the presentation and celebration. There were a couple of twats who deliberatley lingered refusing to go, so it took forever. But it was worth the wait!!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Remember at Port Vale a couple of years back, they made all the Vale fans leave before they'd let the Albion back onto the pitch for the presentation and celebration. There were a couple of twats who deliberatley lingered refusing to go, so it took forever. But it was worth the wait!!

There wasn't a presentation there as we'd been given the trophy at home after the 0-0 draw with Swindon. All they did was announce the players to the crowd and they came back on. I remember them announcing the Bournemouth squad list at first then realising their mistake and annoucing the Brighton players.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
There wasn't a presentation there as we'd been given the trophy at home after the 0-0 draw with Swindon. All they did was announce the players to the crowd and they came back on. I remember them announcing the Bournemouth squad list at first then realising their mistake and annoucing the Brighton players.

...and they kept asking Brighton fans to get off the pitch when there weren't any on there. :thud:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here