Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If smoking gets banned at Withdean

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Can we ban anyone who has had an alcoholic drink before the game from entering the ground.Then we can ban all the food bars.Someone could slip on the chip and burger wrappers etc,it gets very slippery on the running track as it is.Then the people who have had a drink would just cause even more hassle.After all you can only have a pint or so and be allowed to drive so how can you handle all the steps getting to your seat ? If you've been drinking it is dangerous.We need more waste bins for sweet wrappers.Be careful of getting paper cuts off the programme.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
can we make it a no ball games area as well

the ammount of times it has just missed me :(

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
oapdodge said:
Can we ban anyone who has had an alcoholic drink before the game from entering the ground.Then we can ban all the food bars.Someone could slip on the chip and burger wrappers etc,it gets very slippery on the running track as it is.Then the people who have had a drink would just cause even more hassle.After all you can only have a pint or so and be allowed to drive so how can you handle all the steps getting to your seat ? If you've been drinking it is dangerous.We need more waste bins for sweet wrappers.Be careful of getting paper cuts off the programme.

No.

It is not so much the consumption of tobacco that is being banned as the discharge of the smoke over the poor people who get stuck next to a smoker, so it is unfair to comp[are it with someone buying a beer. It is much more realistic to compare the experience of being downwind of a smoker as being in the line of fire of a guy taking a leak after drinking the beer. Both are unpleasant and would leave you smelling like a Palarse fan.

Last edited:

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Re: Re: If smoking gets banned at Withdean

Juan Albion said:
No.

It is not so much the consumption of tobacco that is being banned as the discharge of the smoke over the poor people who get stuck by a smoker. It is much more realistic to compare the experience of being downwind of a smoker as being in the line of fire of a guy taking a leak after drinking the beer. Both are unpleasant and would leave you smelling like a Palarse fan.
Perhaps we could ban cars along London road during our walk to and from Withdean.Also the burger bars give off a horrible aroma that can get in your clothes so it smells like you've been in a greasey spoon cafe.I am not a smoker either.We could have swear boxes at the end of each row to contribute to the fighting fund.

Juan Albion

Re: Re: Re: If smoking gets banned at Withdean

oapdodge said:
Perhaps we could ban cars along London road during our walk to and from Withdean.Also the burger bars give off a horrible aroma that can get in your clothes so it smells like you've been in a greasey spoon cafe.I am not a smoker either.We could have swear boxes at the end of each row to contribute to the fighting fund.

Or perhaps we could ban people who don't leave a space after full stops. :lolol:

BTW, I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets a severe migraine if forced to breathe in tobacco smoke for 90 minutes...

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: If smoking gets banned at Withdean

Juan Albion said:
Or perhaps we could ban people who don't leave a space after full stops. :lolol:

BTW, I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets a severe migraine if forced to breathe in tobacco smoke for 90 minutes...

That is the problem with being in such confined space such as Withdean. Imagine how bad it would be if we had a roof on the South stand ?

I get migraine eating to much chocolate perhaps they could ban that being sold. I have to eat some if my boy buys it.

jmc

Jul 11, 2003
Portslade
After 16 hours next to a drunken dodge, I think I can put up with nearly all forms of pollution - thankfully he don't smoke!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Re: Re: Re: If smoking gets banned at Withdean

oapdodge said:
.We could have swear boxes at the end of each row to contribute to the fighting fund.

We'd make enough money in a home game to clear the debt.

In half a season we could buy a Prem class striker

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
My dad works with a bloke who runs the line in lower league football,he lives in Kent and has done Brighton a few times.He says without doubt it's his least favourite place to go citing abuse and language.

jmc

Jul 11, 2003
Portslade
Brixtaan said:
My dad works with a bloke who runs the line in lower league football,he lives in Kent and has done Brighton a few times.He says without doubt it's his least favourite place to go citing abuse and language.

all refs assistants are ****S! :lolol:

Juan Albion

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: If smoking gets banned at Withdean

oapdodge said:

I get migraine eating to much chocolate perhaps they could ban that being sold. I have to eat some if my boy buys it.

Dodge, you seem to consistently miss the point. You have a choice whether you eat chocolate. The power is entirely in your hands. Once you are in your seat at Withdean you cannot choose which direction the wind will blow in. Hence we should even ban farting.

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
I cannot believe you can smoke there now.

As I have quit smoking several times in my life I know what people are going through. You have to face it. Smoking in public is on its way out - worldwide eventually.

I grew up in a smoking household and I already have enough of that cancer in my lungs already.

I've tried all my life to passively consume someone else's chocolate, but haven't quite pulled off that trick yet.

Juan Albion

London Irish said:
I grew up in a smoking household and I already have enough of that cancer in my lungs already.

I've tried all my life to passively consume someone else's chocolate, but haven't quite pulled off that trick yet.

Whoa now, careful there, laddie. We almost sort of, well kind of, didn't completely disagree entirely. This is very worrying. Where are my fags?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Could a lighted cigarette fall through the holes in the temporary stand and ignite any rubbish underneath, or will the rats have eaten it all up?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Re: Re: If smoking gets banned at Withdean

Juan Albion said:
It is much more realistic to compare the experience of being downwind of a smoker as being in the line of fire of a guy taking a leak after drinking the beer. Both are unpleasant and would leave you smelling like a Palarse fan.

I think thats a bit far over the top - actually I take offence to that!!

D

Deleted User X18H

Brixtaan said:
Not Mr Hayto by any chance

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here