Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Sheffield United get promoted.... (merged with other Ched Evans threads)

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Sign him up on release? We could sign him on a post-incarceration deal?

Feb 21, 2009
Ched Evans

So after the sky sports news announcement i can see Sheff Utd retaining hoskins, will he want to go, will be a big shame because in portugal for pre season i would have said he looked the most promising player for us out there!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Reckon he won't serve the full sentence though

Of course he won't. You serve half your sentence, unless something really unusual happens. He'll be out in two and a half as he hasn't spent any time on remand so far.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I've kind of followed this (as a mate is a sheff united fan and he has been shitting himself about this) but I don;t quite get how 1 is guilty and the other isn't?

Ched 'joined in' after Mcdonald had already been with the said girl.

If it was only ched being accused then it would make sense...but they were BOTH accused.

My head hurts

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I've kind of followed this (as a mate is a sheff united fan and he has been shitting himself about this) but I don;t quite get how 1 is guilty and the other isn't?

If it was only ched being accused then it would make sense...but they were BOTH accused.

My head hurts

Perhaps the girl consented to McDonald but not Evans?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

My head hurts

There's probably plenty that the jury have see that we haven't, but perhaps they decided there was some kind of implied consent from her conduct when she went into the room with McDonald.

Either way. If she didn't consent at any point then Evans committed an offence, as clearly the jury believe, and he deserves whatever the judge deems fit as a punishment.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Does that mean they'll be keen to get Will Hoskins signed?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Perhaps the girl consented to McDonald but not Evans?

I agree that that must be what the court have decided...but why was McDonald even charged in the first place. Surely when making her complaint she must have claimed that she didnt consent to him either?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
There's probably plenty that the jury have see that we haven't, but perhaps they decided there was some kind of implied consent from her conduct when she went into the room with McDonald.

Either way. If she didn't consent at any point then Evans committed an offence, as clearly the jury believe, and he deserves whatever the judge deems fit as a punishment.

Ah ok. I didn't see this. That's fair enough. I'm probably looking at this too simplistically.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Clayton McDonald cleared of the charge.

That is the part I don't get.

From what I'd read about the case, both men admitted to having sex with the woman, but claimed it was consensual, while she said she had no recollection of how she'd got to the hotel she woke up in.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That is the part I don't get.

From what I'd read about the case, both men admitted to having sex with the woman, but claimed it was consensual, while she said she had no recollection of how she'd got to the hotel she woke up in.

Someone's definitely lying, as they have suggested she was completely 100% with it, and clearly consented.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Brother and a mate, watching through the window, is an added unpleasant touch.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Someone's definitely lying, as they have suggested she was completely 100% with it, and clearly consented.

Well, of course someone is, but presumably the jury have deemed it wasn't her, so how has Clayton McDonald been cleared?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Also I wonder what anyone else in similar circumstances feels about the verdict. :whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here