Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

if roberts comes thru today unscathed.....

will roberts play on Sat

• Yes get him back now

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Not a chance

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • He can warm the Bench

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Uncle Buck said:
The thing is it is a knee injury today, it has been back problems all season.

Probably better if it's a new problem but it could be related. As Paul Kitson strived to prove, a bad back can increase the chances of a wide variety of injurys.

Last edited:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
If this is it for him - and it may not be as its a knee today and not his back it would seem - then it's a shame.

Thanks for the memories Ben, one of the main reasons we got promoted last season IMO:clap:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The knee injury could be anything. Probably has no bearing whatsoever on his back injury - which must be in an advanced stage of getting better else they wouldn't have let him anywhere near playing in a match. More than a bit early to be writing the player off, I'd have thought.

Last edited:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Quite. Some people seem overly keen to write him off, players have come back from worse. Personally, I'd like to see him be given the summer to get as near to 100% as possible, then be given a pay-as-you-play deal or similar.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Apparently it's a "freak injury". A player fell on his outstretched leg and injured it.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
When Chippy was recovering from his knee op he picked up another couple of injuries when starting back in the reserves.
It often happens that another part of the body gets an injury as the fitness isn't there.

I wouldn't write him off yet but hope to see him back soon.
I don't want to be relying on dodgy loan keepers at this stage of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here