Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If not us, who will be the 3rd relegated team from the Championship this season?

If not us, who will be the 3rd relegated team from the Championship this season?

• Cardiff. Oh dear, what a shame, never mind.

Votes: 23 27.1%
  • Forest. You're never too good to go down.

Votes: 18 21.2%
  • Leeds. Down, down, deeper and down.

Votes: 18 21.2%
  • Coventry. Anyone who plays Barrett is never going to score enough.

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Wolves. Because they (nearly) always lose to the Albion.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Watford.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Preston.

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Crewe.

• Millwall.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Plymouth.

• Burnley.

• Derby.

• The Albion. We're just not good enough

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • Other.

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Let's assume that Rotherham and Gillingham are goners. Who will be the third other team to be relegated from the Championship this season?

Jul 20, 2003
I think you're right about Rotherham and Gills being doomed, for the third sport, I can see Coventry getting sucked into it

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Leeds.

We'll be minus 10pts in a couple week (more than likely).

Thank you Mr Ridsdale, you sleep tight now.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
I read today that there is now a strong possibility that Leeds will go into administration in the near future. If that were to happen they would obviously be in deep relegation trouble with a 10 point deduction. Fingers crossed for them off the pitch if not on it.

Leeds are not a good side anyway, so I think they'll be stuck in the relegation dogfight to the end whatever happens to them in financial terms. I reckon the third spot is between Leeds, us and you.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
This is the only thing I really fear - there's no clear third club who are going to struggle, it could be more points than usual are needed to survive. Forest should be too good, ditto Cardiff, but if it's not going to be us, one of them will likely go. Probably Forest, especially if they sell Reid to Spurs in January.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Starry said:
Leeds. We'll be minus 10pts in a couple week (more than likely).

What is the situation Starry? The piece I read today was very brief, but it said there was a strong possibility the club could be in administration by Christmas.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I always Crewe would be down in the dog fight. I'd reckoned without Dean Ashton. Of course he may well be snapped in January which may change things...

But doing the double over us this season already is a big help to them.

I think, sadly, it will be us.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Repugnant Toad said:
Forest should be too good, ditto Cardiff
There's no such thing as should be too good...Forest were shite last season as well and were fortunate to stay up. I'm surprised Cardiff are down there, but the table doesn't lie by this stage of the season.

That third drop-spot is between us, Forest, Cardiff and Leeds if they get 10 points lopped off.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
The Laughing Bluebird said:
What is the situation Starry? The piece I read today was very brief, but it said there was a strong possibility the club could be in administration by Christmas.

£2m payment to the inland revenue due December 15th. We've sold everything we could sell, every single piece of land owned by Leeds is mortaged to the hilt (and payments on those aren't being met), there is no money at Leeds Utd, our training ground staff (non-playing, office type people) haven't had a wage paid since Sept. There is no money for the inland revenue payment.

Krasner won't talk to Sainsbury (not sure he really has the funds behind him, but K won't even give him the chance).

I am of the belief that we will be in administration before Christmas. I am not very knowledgable about financial things but those Leeds fans that are also believe that because we have no assets what so ever left, give or take a few players worth maybe £2m or so - liquidation could happen. :(

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And yet despite all this, havn't Leeds spent around £700 or £800k this season on transfer fees ?

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Easy 10 said:
I'm surprised Cardiff are down there, but the table doesn't lie by this stage of the season.

It certainly doesn't. We've been piss-poor for most of the season.

We were pretty poor for most of the second half of last season too, but Lawrence failed to significantly strengthen the squad during the summer. In fact, he weakened it if anything. And then, to make matters worse, the club sold Earnshaw and didn't spend a penny of his transfer fee. It also now looks certain that Gabbidon will also be off in January, so things ain't looking great.

However, Hammam stated in the week that money will definitely be spent in the new year if we are still in trouble. I wouldn't trust him as far as I can spit, and he's a compulsive liar, but if we do bring in a couple of half-decent players we should be OK. Just. If we don't we're doomed.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Yes.

Why? Who knows. Fan apeasement is what Krasner would have you believe, just yesterday he was spouting that we were/are building a team for the future. Well hello, it's building a freaking team for the future that got us in this darn mess in the first place. Quit building and just make sure that we still have a club for the future. What I do know is the present incumbents on our board couldn't arrange a piss up in a brewery.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Hungry Joe said:
Not to mention the money they've spent on pies.

We've gotta pay Rickett and Gregans wage one way or another, and they like pies :p

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
watford, preston, coventry, plymouth and leeds if they go into administration.

watford have won about 1 in 11 in league or something - but they dont have webber at moment and think he is coming back soon.

preston are a bit like crewe, inconsistent but dont have the manager like crewe, and replaced healy with ageymang of gillingham :lolol:

coventry have problems with their chairman and havent replaced davenport well. been struggling for a couple of years now.

plymouth have been on pretty poor form recently, and are slowly creeping into it.

leeds, very inconsistent, fans may get on their back, some overpaid players, and administration a possibility.

I believe coventry and preston will be the ones we have to challenge.

Forest have been playing well at home recently, and i cant honestly see anyone bringing reid in come january,at 5M he is over priced and no one will bid that.

Cardiff have an ok squad and have enough money to bring some players in if the situation becomes desperate.

Even if Crewe do lose Ashton, they have some other very good players, and would obviously replace him and their home form is good enough to keep them up. W

olves are beginning to play some football now and they will end up contending for the playoffs.

Milwall are a midtable side, and should have enough to stay up, likewise with derby who i believe can beat most teams on their day.

Burnley are a better version of us, they play defensive away from home, but are much better at home than we are and should finish with enough points.

US - We can stay up this season, our younger players are growing as a team, we have brought in nicolas and currie who are both quality editions to our midfield. If we can get jarrett imrpvoing his passing came to always bring off the bench and find a strong centre forward with an ok scoring record at this level then i believe we will stay up with at least one game to spare, otherwise i think it will come down to the games against the likes of Watford, Preston and Coventry.

IF we do stay up, next season will be impossible, with fairly strong teams going down, and Gillingham and Rotherham who should go down who are the 'smaller' clubs of the division finally going with the possibility of clubs with a large fan base and money, like Hull and Bristol City coming up :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here