Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If No Stadium, what would you like at Falmer instead?

If No Stadium, what would you like at Falmer instead?

• 24hr Supermarket with 24hr Petrol Station

Votes: 10 11.8%
  • Incinerator of some kind

Votes: 32 37.6%
  • Housing/Flats

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cheap housing for relocation of Council Houses (i.e. Bad Neighbourhood type thing)

Votes: 27 31.8%
  • Other - Please State

Votes: 15 17.6%

• Total voters

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
incinerator!

Rather than burning Brghton's rubbish in Newhaven why not burn it in Falmer!

:angry:

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
What the Falmer NIMBYs forget is that if we don't get our ground (and I believe we will) then a football club in our financial position is far easier to fight off than a company like Tesco. Compared to them we have limited financial and political muscle - they have the ability to 'influence' those in government to a level we could only dream about.

And as has been said before, perhaps a few of them should ask residents of Goldstone Lane to compare life next to a football club with that next to a retail park.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Theres so many to choose from. I'm going to go for some kind of factory that hangs up wild cats by their tails until they are screeching and really agitated and then releases them into the village. I'm not sure on the financial viability of such a venture though. Anyone care to draw up a quick business plan?

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
On reflection I think some sort of care in the community hostel, or an open prison, perhaps a rehabilitation centre for offenders.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
An army live rounds testing site? A few stray uranium enriched shells wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I went for a 24 hr Supermarket because if we don't get this stadium I want those blue rinse Little Britain NIMBY bastards to suffer every day remaining in their selfish lives. The bigger and noisier the supermarket-the better because then their property values will plummet.

Nothing like a thread connected to those selfish fuckers to wind me up:angry: :angry:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
perth seagull said:
A quarantine centre for people with dangerous diseases.

No need for quarantine. It'd be better therapy for them if they're encouraged to go out and interact with the local community.

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
shingle said:
An Outbreak of BUBONIC PLAGUE

How would you go about getting planning permission for that?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
The new Lewes Maximum Security Prison, without any walls

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Uncle Buck said:
I would have thought the chances of an out of town shopping park are slim, as Government Planning guidlines are now against this.
Since when have 'government guidelines' got in the way of something that a liarge and rich corporation wants to do? It might just cost them a bit more in backhanders, sorry 'planning gain'

Neon Light

Jan 8, 2004
Although I think all residents of Falmer are wonderful human beings and are more than capable of changing their narrow minded, NIMBY, opinions, they would probably be best suited to some kind of amalgam of all the above.
Imagine the scene:
On the way home from your community service you could pop into the 24 hour LIDL to pick up yor special brew, aerosols, E number filled sweets for the kids, etc. You would bump into your next door neighbour who, incidentally, has just been relocated to the area following recent disturbances involving his previous neighbours/chavs who apparently found out about his appearance on the child sex offender's records. You could fill up with petrol (served by one of the illegal immigrants from the on site hoding centre) providing they weren't waiting for their 3am tanker delivery. Whilst waiting you could drop your recycling off and deliver your own household waste to the on site incinerator. Maybe you could then watch the Jumbos taking off from the nearby New 24 hour airport.
All this within a stone's throw of your newly built 'affordable housing' flat.
Such bliss compared with the 'terrifying' thought of watching tens of thousands of people enjoying seeing their local community flourish around, and within, an environmentally sound, state of of the art stadium and fulfilling the potential and dreams of local children for generations to come.

Sorry! That's why I don't post very often. Tend to get a little carried away.:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here