Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If Mitoma is injured, who will be our Japanese signing before the tour?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
From a publicity perspective, I imagine the Japan tour would be slightly shit if we can't use Mitoma.

Instead of rushing him back I think we should just sign another Japanese player. They're cheap and there should be lots of gems. Lets find all of them.

Here's my candidate: Sota Kawasaki

Nominated for J1 League Young Player of the Year, recently started getting picked in Japanese national team squads (even playing a few unofficial friendlies).
As you can see he is a defensive midfielder with playmaking skills. Only real reason he's still in Japan is because he wanted to finish university, and now when he's graduated he's ready for us.

If his dissertation isn’t on something like ‘the art of tackling’ or ‘effective distribution from a deep lying midfielder’ then I’m afraid I’m out.

Views on Sugawara?

Gluteus Maximus

Jul 10, 2003
Trumpton
Yuito Suzuki playing for Brøndby here in Denmark. Been their best player in the run in. Signed for 500k so wouldn't cost a lot. Lovely bloke too.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
If his dissertation isn’t on something like ‘the art of tackling’ or ‘effective distribution from a deep lying midfielder’ then I’m afraid I’m out.

Views on Sugawara?
Good player but no one is putting him as RB in a four man defence in the PL so would need to be as RWB or RW.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here