Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Leon Knight scores a GOAL today...

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Richie Morris said:
What is dull witted about pointing out the fact that when a team plays to his strengths Leon Knight is a potent forward who could have scored the goals to keep us up?

Because you are obstinately refusing to look at the situation in anything but a simplistic way.

1)Brighton were a side that spent the entire season in the bottom half dozen places in the league. Swansea have spent the whole season in the top six places of their league. Ergo, more chances are being created for Swansea strikers. More chances = more goals...

2) He's playing in the league BELOW that which he was playing in with us. What that means, is the teams AREN'T AS GOOD. So, if the teams aren't as good, there's more chance to score.

3) In half a season in the championship, he scored FIVE goals. In the duration of the season before that-also in the championship- he scored FOUR goals. At championship level, at three different clubs he has played 100games and scored 12 goals. In 96 games for three different teams at league one level he has scored 50 goals. He is a proven goal scorer at league one level, he is most definitely not a proven goalscorer at championship level, so pointing out he is scoring goals at league one level is utterly pointless.

4)You didn't actually point out that Swansea play to his strengths and we didn't.

the combination of the four, IMO, makes your original post dull witted.:)

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Ultimately with Knight is,he is a quality league 1 striker.There is no denying that,but as proven in the two seasons we were there, Leon is not up to playing in the championship.He may have scored the odd goal but he really isn't good enough.Just forget it now,the dealis done and dusted,and we came out wiv a fair bit of money.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Richie, your sense of analysis and thought are f***ed in the head. You have nothing to say but you insist on saying it.

To still support Leon Knight, who didn't want to play for Brighton & Hove Albion, despite all your grizzling that he should have, at a time when he is abusing you and all you are supposed to stand for smacks of someone who is not all there. Unless, of course, you enjoy grief and abuse, in which case I can happily oblige in spades.

You're an idiot Morris, maybe only one space above degenerate ameoba in the evolutionary scale. One day, you'll wake up and look back on all these utterly stupid posts with a sense of embarrassment, shame and bewilderment.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
The Large One said:
You have absolutely NO evidence to back that up.

Since when did that matter?:laugh:

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Richie Morris said:
It depends WHEN he scored them.

I think Knight would have worked well with Noel-Williams.

i dont think we would have had noel williams if we still had knight at the club.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
dougdeep said:
Richie isn't a bad bloke away from the keyboard and he has a rather lovely young lady. :love:

Indeed he is, not met his young lady but the four of five times i met him he seemed quite a nice bloke.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Tom Hark said:
Hope LK gets ANOTHER hat-trick for the Swans, just to make McGhee's embarassment complete

Leon Knight, he's alright :thumbsup:

Not often you find so much pure shite in such a small place.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Tom Hark said:
Hope LK gets ANOTHER hat-trick for the Swans, just to make McGhee's embarassment complete

Leon Knight, he's alright :thumbsup:

I dont think McGhee is embarassed by Leon Knight a bit like Turner probably wasn't embarassed when he started scoring for us.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
This whole Leon Knight thing is getting a bit tedious now.

I can't understand the obsession with a player who doesn't even play for us any more.

*divesinanywaywithopionion!*

He is clearly a very talented player who doesn't seem able to appreciate that, in order to keep getting better, you need to improve all aspects of your performance. At Championship level, instead of working his bollocks off to try and make and convert the chances that are more difficult to come by at that level, he seemed to sulk around and cop a complete PADDY every time things started going against him.

By all accounts his attitude to training was casual at best and this will inevitably have a knock-on effect to the rest of the squad.

His whole career has been littered with stories of what might have been, if only his attitude had been better

Personally I think we were well rid of him

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
DAMANCLAY said:
I dont think McGhee is embarassed by Leon Knight a bit like Turner probably wasn't embarassed when he started scoring for us.
And now he's unemplyed. Let's hope it's a sign.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Hiney said:
This whole Leon Knight thing is getting a bit tedious now.

I can't understand the obsession with a player who doesn't even play for us any more.

*divesinanywaywithopionion!*

He is clearly a very talented player who doesn't seem able to appreciate that, in order to keep getting better, you need to improve all aspects of your performance. At Championship level, instead of working his bollocks off to try and make and convert the chances that are more difficult to come by at that level, he seemed to sulk around and cop a complete PADDY every time things started going against him.

By all accounts his attitude to training was casual at best and this will inevitably have a knock-on effect to the rest of the squad.

His whole career has been littered with stories of what might have been, if only his attitude had been better

Personally I think we were well rid of him

Well said that man.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I would like Leon to be thoroughly humiliated either by being sent off or by missing an open goal or ballooning a penalty over the bar;) ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here