Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If - IF - we can't get Mushy's name on a BUS...

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
has he got a star on the walk of fame?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The star is the least of our worries as that is not the most prestigious of accolades. I think The Argus have one down there. There was talk of a statue/monument on the Seven Dials roundabout...

I would quite like to see an unofficial tribute to him on one of the walls in North Laine area. But no idea how to get hold of one of those artists.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
There should be a curry house set up in tribute to the great man, serving the best currys in Sussex.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
A football stadium
:jester:

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
He should have a bust at the entrance to the County Ground.

Plus a tuft of his beard should be placed at the door of the home dressing room so that may be stroked for luck as the players heard out onto the field

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
SpringReturnStumps.jpg

A large statute looking something like this (approx 300ft high should suffice) on the seafront (maybe in place of the Brighton Centre) - since that is what he has mainly done for us

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
There are a few pubs named 'The Cricketers' so why not his pic on the pub sign?

I'm not a follower of cricket as such, but can't fail to have noticed what Sussex have done over the last few years. When you also consider the World situation as regards Muslims and how they are perceived, Mushy has become a local legend and shows the true power of sport in bringing people together.

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
To me Mushtaq Ahmed is a good example to all people of what being a genuine follower of Islam is about: peace, humility, and treating everyone with respect. Religion is clearly a real part of his life, and not some kind of identity badge used to drum up violence and hatred for political means. Self proclaiming Christians and Jews can be just as bad too, but for me truly religious people (often not seen or heard as they keep themselves to themselves) like the wee man show that it can be a very good thing. I hope he comes back to Sussex to coach. Mushtaq Ahmed International Airport?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here