Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If I was Ronaldo I'd leave now.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Latest gossip from up here is that Ronaldo won't move to Real Madrid though, he is sponsored by Nike, and Madrid are an Adidas team.

Is there a big Spanish team who are sponsored by Nike though........

ebfc1

Oct 12, 2008
Eastbourne
In Some ways they may be better off.

Why not got in for Ashley Young ? Atleast he will get back and help the right back unlike Ronaldo who just strutts back not really caring !

Ashley Young is also a good crosser of the ball and would probably set up a fair share of the goals.

But one thing im not looking forwars to is the WHOLE summer hearing about Ronaldo leaving speculation ..... We had it all last summer and we don't want it again ! :cool:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Why they persist in playing him up front in Europe i dont know.

Barca's defence was ruined with suspensions and injurys, surely in my mind it was the time to play 2 up front ?
I would have played Ronaldo wide, and Rooney and Either Tevez or Berbatov up front with him.

I know it would have made it even harder to get possesion but i think it would have been better.

As for leaving....why ? unless Barca are going to buy him he wont be going to a better side or a bigger club.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Latest gossip from up here is that Ronaldo won't move to Real Madrid though, he is sponsored by Nike, and Madrid are an Adidas team.

That is believeable, the same gossip went around last summer too. It seems that nike may be willing to contribute in order to keep one of their top human-billboards wearing nike apparrel.

ebfc1

Oct 12, 2008
Eastbourne
That is believeable, the same gossip went around last summer too. It seems that nike may be willing to contribute in order to keep one of their top human-billboards wearing nike apparrel.

Getting stupid really isnt it.... Can't move because of your sponsor.....all football is about now is MONEY ! expecially them well paid tw*ts in the prem !

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
After such a poor performance from the rest of the team he must be very frustrated.

He obviously knew from the start they would be gubbins last night which is why he has a shoot on sight policy rather than bothering to look up and play anyone else in.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I just loved the rueful look of disdain on Ronaldo's oily mug after he'd slid in on Puyol and left him rolling around on the turf. Irony ? Mmmmm.

That was my favouritist bit.
Yes, yes I had a more than quiet chuckle into my beer at that myself.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Getting stupid really isnt it.... Can't move because of your sponsor.....all football is about now is MONEY ! expecially them well paid tw*ts in the prem !

It is, as I understand things though (it is only gossip), Nike don't mind him leaving United, but would prefer him to move to Barca rather than Real.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

A Spanish team that wears Nike gear .... mmmmmm ...... ermm ..... *scratches head*

Nope, can't think of one myself.

Lionel_Messi.jpg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Joke thread. Yeah, Ronaldo must think Man Utd are so shit he's just GOT to go to Real Madrid now...who just happened to lose 6-2 at home to, that's right, Barcelona - just 26 days ago.

Firstly, Messi's record before last night against English teams was ordinary at best, and secondly Ronaldo's wondergoal against Porto is the main reason Man Utd reached the final.

I'm not surprised that 'thickie' Ronaldo has finally come round to the idea that actually Man Utd DO pay a shitload of money, reach of lot of finals and win a lot of trophies, and that maybe it might be a good career move to stick around.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Firstly, Messi's record before last night against English teams was ordinary at best, and secondly Ronaldo's wondergoal against Porto is the main reason Man Utd reached the final.

Surely for that to be a fair comparason you need to compare it with Ronaldos record against Spanish teams. Any idea what that is?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hope he does go, the last two close seasons have had the media in a frenzy for a couple of months. Hope he just fucks off and puts an end to it, I'm bored to death with the "will he, won't he?" as I don't actually give a f*** but I'm sick of seeing dramatic bollocks splashed all over the back pages every close season. Take the 100 million and quick please United.

Mar 13, 2008
According to this guy he has gone to man city
idiot.jpg

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Personally think it would be a shame to see Ronaldo move on, for all his faults (basically a cocky twat) he is a superb footballer. Also don't get the Madrid thing they are a mess

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here