Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If I was Michel Kuipers I'd be a bit pissed off

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Pissed off because I had not been given the No.1 shirt.

Leaving it unassigned is basically saying to Michel, "you're not really good enough, but you're first choice until we find another keeper who will immediately be given the No.1 shirt".

I cannot recall any other time in Albion's history (since squad numbers were used) where the first choice goalie at the start of the season has not had the No.1 shirt.

Pretty poor motivation for him I would have thought. Even though we may be looking for another keeper he should currently be wearing the number one shirt.

On the other hand, if he wanted to remain with the No.16 shirt (or whatever he has), then ignore the above.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I doubt if he could give a toss what number he has on his back, as long as he;s in the team.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No... it is an insult to a fine servant of the club...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I agree that it a bit shit really.

Regardless of Kuipers Vs Whoever we get debate that will spring up.

At the moment he IS the Number one and so should have the shirt.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The reason why he was given 16 is as follows:

John 16 – And he came down from heaven to save. My lord, O king, the eyes of all mankind are upon thee. Take up thine rightful place between the posts. Thou shalt do no wrong and thous shalt be praised for an eternity. Blessed are those who look upon thee with affection. For he who follows you shall enjoy eternal redemption.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Just peel the six off and it'll be fine.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
What makes anyone think that he even wanted the No.1 shirt? Maybe he was offered it and turned it down.

Its a possibility of course. But I believe he has been number 1 before so I would have thought he would like it again maybe?

Chester Drawers

Apr 15, 2004
Belair
Perhaps they are saving the No1 shirt for the No1 fan?

As long as he's in the team Im sure he's not bothered what number is on the back of his shirt ... he cant see it anyway!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here