Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

if i didnt buy a ticket for staurdays match...

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
jonny.rainbow said:
What of the season ticket holders never travel away though?

Surely priority for an AWAY cup tie should go to those who travel to the most away games?

I disagree, away fans contribute nothing financially to the club, whereas Season Ticket holders keep us in business.

This is the first season I dont have a season ticket but I am still doing a few aways and but I dont expect any priority whatsoever.

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
bhafc4eva said:
Season tickets will always get priority! Just because you go to 2 fa cup games doesnt give you a right over someone who has forked out £500 for a season ticket.

Why?

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
bathseagull said:

Without season ticket money the club would die. Why should people who have attended 2 games get prority over someone that has paid for a full season???

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
bhafc4eva said:
Without season ticket money the club would die. Why should people who have attended 2 games get prority over someone that has paid for a full season???

I don't think anyone should get priority over anyone.

Season ticket holders get a discount (albeit only a small one) and the knowldege they have a guaranteed seat for every home match. Thats their 'reward'. I've been there - I was season ticket holder when we went away to Grimsby and missed out through the ballot - them's the breaks.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
ok insiders answered it. but if its an away game does the sth rule apply or does it then go to first come/served

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Franks Wild Years said:
I have a ticket from the Northwich match, the 83 final and replay stubs, I once spoke to Nobby Horton, have a blue car and was born in Brighton. Also one of my testicles hangs slightly lower.

Where do I stand ?

Sitting only, Frank. Any standing or breathing will result in being ejected from the 'arena'.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Franks Wild Years said:
Also one of my testicles hangs slightly lower.
Lower than what? Your knees?

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
bathseagull said:
Season ticket holders get a discount (albeit only a small one) and the knowldege they have a guaranteed seat for every home match. Thats their 'reward'. I've been there - I was season ticket holder when we went away to Grimsby and missed out through the ballot - them's the breaks.

But season ticket holders are generally "loyal" because they stump up the money upfront instead of picking and choosing matches. Especially as we are now in the lower divisions their "reward" should be a glamour game.

Especially if you have spent the best part of £500 and are watching shit every other week.

If I was a STH and having spent that much I would be SERIOUSLY pissed off if someone who only goes to one or two matches a season got a ticket over me.

Plus surely its good business sense to ensure you look after your STH so you encourage renewal?

There should be a window for STH to claim theirs and then open to everyone else - ticket stubs or whatever.

Last edited:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Think STH holders should have priority if it came down to it. I'm not a STH but don't see a problem with it. Once they have decided if they want to go or not then everyone else can have whats left like a usual game.
What is wrong with that?

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Last time I had a season ticket, last season at the Goldstone, I missed out on a ticket to Hereford Away.

I didn't whinge about it though.

Season Ticket should not guarantee away games in league or cup. Only Home.

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
let's face it - it's not gonna be a prob for STH or those with both stubs.

There'll be tickets to go round for both if we get them before they go on general sale.

The real shame is that so many people missed the 8-0 wonderland a few weeks ago. My 7 year old still tells his mates about it at school.

:ascarf:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Buzzer said:
The real shame is that so many people missed the 8-0 wonderland a few weeks ago. My 7 year old still tells his mates about it at school.
Exactly - I went to the Northwich game but I was so knackered I decided to give last night a miss, even though I was in London anyway and could have got a lift back afterwards. At least doing it that way round I'm giving money to the Albion rather than, say, Millwall.

But the point is - the minute you decide not to go, you'll miss a cracker. Of course, then the thing to do is go on NSC and moan about how crap the players were anyway.:dunce:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Man of Harveys said:
But the point is - the minute you decide not to go, you'll miss a cracker. Of course, then the thing to do is go on NSC and moan about how crap the players were anyway.:dunce:

:lolol: - makes a change from the usual bollocks about religion and politics that I usually spout forth on.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I can't see there not being enough tickets avalible for people who have got season tickets, tickets from previous cup matches this season or the 5 game mini season ticket.

I got 5 match season ticket for over the christmas period and have both rounds stubbs aswell as millwall so i should be fine for a ticket.

But the chances of us getting some one big at home are quite slim.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I've lost my Boston x2 and Northwich ticket stubs. Only got Millwall A and Stafford. :shootself

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
After spending virtually the WHOLE time since the 2nd round draw argueing about priority, I bet we only get some shitty non-league wannabe away in the 3rd round!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here