Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Hull win...

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I thought Hull was the largest place in EUROPE never to have had a top-flight club? (incorrect?)

If that is so, would it still be Dudley or is there someone else in Europe who would take over the mantle?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I thought Hull was the largest place in EUROPE never to have had a top-flight club? (incorrect?)

If that is so, would it still be Dudley or is there someone else in Europe who would take over the mantle?

i would imagine it would be somewhere else in europe.. but does the said town have to have a football team?? I dont think dudley does (WBA being on doorstep but not in Dudley)

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Right....I have worked it out

At the moment Hull is the biggest place and its population is 301,416.
Plymouth has a population of 243,795.

But the town of Wiesbaden of the northern banks of the Rhine in Germany has a population of 275,562 plus 14,000 US citizens based at the nearby airbase.

And the town's football team, SV Wehen Wiesbaden, has only ever reached the second division.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
And win they did.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Congratulations Hull...next season it will be Windass at the Arse.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Right....I have worked it out

At the moment Hull is the biggest place and its population is 301,416.
Plymouth has a population of 243,795.

But the town of Wiesbaden of the northern banks of the Rhine in Germany has a population of 275,562 plus 14,000 US citizens based at the nearby airbase.

And the town's football team, SV Wehen Wiesbaden, has only ever reached the second division.

Nice information but you, sir, have too much spare time on your hands!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here