Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Hinsh was back to his best now

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
would you give him a starting place and who would you leave out. I think McShane has been excellant and guy is mr dependable but Hinsh previously played his way into the U21's .

Hinsh made a lot of mistakes last year like Harding. Excellent player, but it amazes me people think he's a finished product. He certainly wouldn't get in ahead of McShane, and I reckon it would be a big call to drop Butters for him, given that our back 4 isn't the tallest and most physical in the world.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Hinsh made no where near as many mistakes as Harding, Im struggling to think of 2 that led to goals conceded?

Id drop Butters to be honest and keep McShane, I think Guy is just a bit too slow now.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Going only on the basis of the one full game I've seen (at Leeds), it would be quite a gamble to leave out one of only two or three 6+ footers in our team (if it were Butters who made way), and McShane looked pretty handy. You'd certainly want to get Hinsh in, but it would probably be at full back if he was fit now.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Albion Dan said:
Hinsh made no where near as many mistakes as Harding, Im struggling to think of 2 that led to goals conceded?

Id drop Butters to be honest and keep McShane, I think Guy is just a bit too slow now.

It did show up a bit on Sat - maybe 3 at the back?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Butters.

In the long term I think McShane (can we keep him?) and Hinsh is one of the best centre back pairings in the division.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
I think Butters was unlucky not to cut out that cross on Saturday and he gives us a bit of physical presence at the back which is what we need. I wouldn't drop him.

I like his 'no nonsense style' where he just clears the ball and does not fanny around with it like some defenders. You don't need speed to do that.

Last edited:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
GUNTER said:
I think Butters was unlucky not to cut out that cross on Saturday and he gives us a bit of physical presence at the back which is what we need. I wouldn't drop him.

:)

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Stick him in at right back instead of OGH?

Albion Dan said:
Hinsh made no where near as many mistakes as Harding, Im struggling to think of 2 that led to goals conceded? /B]

It's this type of amnesia that amazes me ???

He got outjumped by a defender for the first goal at Cardiff, had an air shot for the Derby winner at Withdean and had an utter nightmare at Plymouth, conned by a simple 1-2 for the first goal and somehow hand-balling for a penalty when he wasn't strong enough to hold off Chadwick.

I hate bringing up mistakes like this because I think Hinsh is a superb prospect, one of our best. But it's the double standards that prevail in giving some of our young defenders the leeway to make mistakes and others not that I can't get my head around.

If Hinsh replaced Butters in this current side, I would worry that we would be even worse at defending set-pieces than we were on Saturday.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
It's this type of amnesia that amazes me ???

He got outjumped by a defender for the first goal at Cardiff, had an air shot for the Derby winner at Withdean and had an utter nightmare at Plymouth, conned by a simple 1-2 for the first goal and somehow hand-balling for a penalty when he wasn't strong enough to hold off Chadwick.

I hate bringing up mistakes like this because I think Hinsh is a superb prospect, one of our best. But it's the double standards that prevail in giving some of our young defenders the leeway to make mistakes and others not that I can't get my head around.

If Hinsh replaced Butters in this current side, I would worry that we would be even worse at defending set-pieces than we were on Saturday.

Lets be fair - no one had a good game at plymouth - It seemed people at one point stopped passing to mayo he was so bad

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Race did you pick Guy up from the services on Saturday, we were there just as the coach pulled in.

I was doing a dance.

Did I fook. What services? He gets dropped of at Toddington.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
KinkyGoebels said:
It did show up a bit on Sat - maybe 3 at the back?
Who would drop out? Playing Jarrett and Carole in that system would leave us pretty fragile down the wings.

80's Seagull said:
Stick him in at right back instead of OGH?

Good call.

Silent Bob said:
Who would drop out? Playing Jarrett and Carole in that system would leave us pretty fragile down the wings.

Agreed, wingers and 3 at the back don't go together too well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here