Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Harry goes down for fraud

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
More murmurs about this on the web. On the one hand he will never be England manager but on the the other hand a temporary vacancy could occur at White Hart Lane. Actually with an army of top lawyers the appeal process could take years. Good news for us either way.

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover
That could be seen as libel . Harry is as honest as .... well , lets pick 2 random football names ; say Ken Bates and Paul Scally , for instance.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
For the first time in my life I'm starting to think I hope the old bugger gets away with it.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
The England Manager's job is something of a poisoned chalice !

Some admirably qualified would not want it !

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Hope not, I still live in hope that he'll get the England job one day

Trouble is 'Arry is skilled at wheeling and dealing, with a speciality for making signings after the window has shut. What you need for England is the ability to take a group of players and turn THEM into a team. As far as I can see, 'Arry NEVER does that. He always takes a group of players, and immediately signs 37 new ones!

That's not exactly how International management works.

He's good at what he does, but I really can't see how that translates to the England job.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Trouble is 'Arry is skilled at wheeling and dealing, with a speciality for making signings after the window has shut. What you need for England is the ability to take a group of players and turn THEM into a team. As far as I can see, 'Arry NEVER does that. He always takes a group of players, and immediately signs 37 new ones!

He's good at what he does, but I really can't see how that translates to the England job.

I've been thinking that for years, look at the state he left pompey in...

I just don't see how people can think of him as a candidate for the england job.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Which is the usual argument against Harry. However what Harry always after his 'wheeling and dealing' is turn his stars into a team, and a bloody good one at that. Last good England manager to create a 'team' was Terry Venables, and Harry is the nearest thing to that out there.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
I've been thinking that for years, look at the state he left pompey in...

He put together the best group of players Pompey have had in living memory, got them playing the best football Pompey have played in living memory and won them the FA Cup. Every Pompey fan I know wouldn't swop that for anything.

Now try swopping the words Pompey for England and FA for World :thumbsup: :wink:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
He put together the best group of players Pompey have had in living memory, got them playing the best football Pompey have played in living memory and won them the FA Cup. Every Pompey fan I know wouldn't swop that for anything.

Now try swopping the words Pompey for England and FA for World :thumbsup: :wink:

Yes, but he could never have taken the players pompey had, and done that, he had to spend outrageous amounts of money on new ones.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea

Absolutely. I agree 100%.

Always thought it odd people seem to want Harry for the England job. What we need is a tactical genius who can motivate our NAMBY PAMBY PRETTY BOYS to play a good game and doesn't take any shit from them

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Yes, but he could never have taken the players pompey had, and done that, he had to spend outrageous amounts of money on new ones.

Fine, but he bought well didn't he, with a good English spine to the team. For England he could choose from hundred's of English players available for nothing.

Anyway, there isn't a single manager in the top flight today who gets success without buying loads of players or inheriting an already successful team, so its a pointless argument

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Absolutely. I agree 100%.

Always thought it odd people seem to want Harry for the England job. What we need is a tactical genius who can motivate our NAMBY PAMBY PRETTY BOYS to play a good game and doesn't take any shit from them

Blimey! You've just described Gus!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It isn't a matter of if but when, look at what has happened to each club after he left.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Hope not, I still live in hope that he'll get the England job one day

No thanks, old school. Let's get rid of all the old guard in the team and bring in a young progressive manager.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
So many times I have seen it and so many times I believe it to be the truth... Spurs will want a Billy Big Bollocks, not a Gus Poyet.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

Yes he did but who wouldn't when you spend 60/70 million on players and pay stupid wages?

Fact is it was a farce all along:annoyed:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here