Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If Graham Potter is re-appointed...

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Not sure if already posted but I found this interview with him pretty interesting. Wouldn't be hugely surprised to see him rock up at West Ham in the next few months. Every chance the Leicester job he was previously linked with could come up again, along with Everton, maybe Wolves/Saints?

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Not sure if already posted but I found this interview with him pretty interesting. Wouldn't be hugely surprised to see him rock up at West Ham in the next few months. Every chance the Leicester job he was previously linked with could come up again, along with Everton, maybe Wolves/Saints?

Paydays from Chelsea stop next month don’t they?

Han Solo

May 25, 2024

Out of the clubs you mention, I think he has zero interest in Leicester, Everton and Wolves. West Ham or Southampton - maybe.
More likely to end up in a big Championship club than he is to take charge of any sort of chaotic zombie club.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I'm curious that he states it was the right opportunity for him but then bemoans the owners spending 300m on players. Everyone else knew it was the wrong club for him, I'm just surprised he couldn't (and apparently still can't) see it.
Disagree with this. At the time no one knew how Todd Boehly would run Chelsea. There was a lot of talk about "long term strategies" and consistency and whatnot and people looked at Boehlys American clubs and thought "ok, he knows what he's doing". No one knew they would spend insane money on an insane number of players.

Just like when he came to Brighton and Swansea, he came to a club with a fantastic youth academy that wasn't producing any first team players for the respective teams, and just like in those clubs he started to introduce young players into the team. Buying 8 or 9 players in the January window made that process rather hopeless.

Technically it seemed like a decent choice, until the true nature of the new ownership revealed itself.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Disagree with this. At the time no one knew how Todd Boehly would run Chelsea. There was a lot of talk about "long term strategies" and consistency and whatnot and people looked at Boehlys American clubs and thought "ok, he knows what he's doing". No one knew they would spend insane money on an insane number of players.

Just like when he came to Brighton and Swansea, he came to a club with a fantastic youth academy that wasn't producing any first team players for the respective teams, and just like in those clubs he started to introduce young players into the team. Buying 8 or 9 players in the January window made that process rather hopeless.

Technically it seemed like a decent choice, until the true nature of the new ownership revealed itself.
I imagine your dream scenario is FH crashing and burning over the next couple of months and GP making his comeback at the Albion in December?

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I imagine your dream scenario is FH crashing and burning over the next couple of months and GP making his comeback at the Albion in December?
Lmao no. Dream scenario is if we can overperform over the next six weeks and pick up enough points to keep us in top 10 and take it from there.

If Hurzeler, against all odds, would be sacked, then of course the return of Graham Potter looks like a very good option, and resistance would be a litte less fierce than it was this summer.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Lmao no. Dream scenario is if we can overperform over the next six weeks and pick up enough points to keep us in top 10 and take it from there.

If Hurzeler, against all odds, would be sacked, then of course the return of Graham Potter looks like a very good option, and resistance would be a litte less fierce than it was this summer.
Liar :lolol:

Graham would be very disappointed in you if he saw the above!

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

Especially he's now had a "glow up". He'd look sensational on the bench 😄

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Have always thought only the present manager has had the balls to tell owners what he wants. Has refused to work with 40 plus players . Has picked 25 and told owners up to them what they do with rest

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Have always thought only the present manager has had the balls to tell owners what he wants. Has refused to work with 40 plus players . Has picked 25 and told owners up to them what they do with rest

Fab-Hürz does seem to have a confidence that helps him forge way ahead in the manager ranks at an age far younger than most managers. GPott on the other hand does not.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
His reply about the Brighton job seems somewhat contradictory. Does feel right to go back but who knows about the future. My next job might not be as good as the Brighton one but I need to follow my own path. Also his family have been living in Brighton for what 5 years! It just seems he made a bollox decision in joining Chelsea and won’t verbalise it. But maybe I’ve got my blue and white specs on.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
His reply about the Brighton job seems somewhat contradictory. Does feel right to go back but who knows about the future. My next job might not be as good as the Brighton one but I need to follow my own path. Also his family have been living in Brighton for what 5 years! It just seems he made a bollox decision in joining Chelsea and won’t verbalise it. But maybe I’ve got my blue and white specs on.
He's probably made a minimum £10m after tax, for a few months work, without having to uproot his family.
He's been able to take a two year career break on huge money, and please himself.

I can't see any world where staying with us would be considered a better option.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
He's probably made a minimum £10m after tax, for a few months work, without having to uproot his family.
He's been able to take a two year career break on huge money, and please himself.

I can't see any world where staying with us would be considered a better option.
Mental health and quality of life. It’s not all about money and he wasn't on a minimum wage at Brighton.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

That's bollocks. Both BHA ad Chelsea have proven youth accademies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here