Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If Graham Potter is re-appointed...

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Good. It would have been devicive and doomed.
I'm more concerned if TB/PB actually thought that this might be a good idea, because that would mean that THEY are out of touch with a very significant % of our fan base, dare I say the majority. Hopefully there was never anything in it.

Standing back, it would seem that maybe they did their due diligence by at least talking it through and balancing the “is he capable of keeping the momentum of the club going” and “what effects would it have from the stands” and then started chatting to the other prospects.

Maybe they even offered him the job and he turned it down :smile:

Maybe they never even considered having him back

Who the f*** knows?!

Anyway it’s not over until we get a club statement

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Standing back, it would seem that maybe they did their due diligence by at least talking it through and balancing the “is he capable of keeping the momentum of the club going” and “what effects would it have from the stands” and then started chatting to the other prospects.

Maybe they even offered him the job and he turned it down :smile:

Maybe they never even considered having him back

Who the f*** knows?!

Anyway it’s not over until we get a club statement
I think we probably considered him as it was a sensible business decision to consider someone who is available, lives locally, and considered a good coach.
He obviously had little appetite to do it as he thinks he’s moved forward. ( big ? From me on that one) and that he wouldn’t be welcomed back by the fans ( he wouldn’t have been by the majority)
I think we’ve probably been waiting for confirmation from Potter and will now move forward with alternatives very quickly.
Potter won’t get the Man United job. If Southgate leaves after the Euros I expect Potter will get that.
If he doesn’t, then Potter will be frequenting the coffee shops of Hove for some time forward.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Good. It would have been devicive and doomed.
I'm more concerned if TB/PB actually thought that this might be a good idea, because that would mean that THEY are out of touch with a very significant % of our fan base, dare I say the majority. Hopefully there was never anything in it.
I don't think they were ever really considering it, but with a club out there that literally copies our every move it was a very good smokescreen. If that was the case - and none of us will ever know - then :bowdown: PBOBE.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Potentially terrible news for the club.

The only other decent sounding alternative that has come up so far is Hurzeler, even that's a huge risk, and there's a chance he won't want to join us either.
Potentially terrible news for you. A bit like the day you found out you weren't immune to Covid.

What's the next thing you're going to be consistently wrong about? Loads to pick from before the new season.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Potentially terrible news for you. A bit like the day you found out you weren't immune to Covid.

What's the next thing you're going to be consistently wrong about? Loads to pick from before the new season.

It's potentially terrible news for the club, not just for me.

No idea what the COVID comment is about, you're a strange man.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
It's potentially terrible news for the club, not just for me.

No idea what the COVID comment is about, you're a strange man.
Well no, because you asked for all those posts to be deleted before shamelessly returning :lolol:

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
But we haven't even sorted out if he said staying as manager at Brighton would have been easier than taking on Chelsea because he wanted to insult us fans or because the Chelsea job was a waking nightmare for him.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Shite, I knew burning my season ticket, alongside a huge wicker effigy of Potter (you know, when all these GP fanatics told us his return was inevitable) was a bad idea…

It’s all turned to ashes, like so many grains of sand slipping through my fingers.

Never mind, it is what it is.

Somethingdean

May 18, 2019
I am glad.
It wouldn't have made any sense for Potter either.
Currently he's considered a serious contender for both the Man Utd and England jobs.
If he came back here, the opportunity is gone first of all because he's come here. But if it went badly, that's the Utd and England jobs gone for good. His reputation would be undoubtedly trashed. You wouldn't be able to blame the crazy wacky owners at Brighton like you can do with Chelsea.
We clearly know he's an ambitious and calculating man. I feel as though he must've considered all of that when coming to his decision.

Also, he's a prat.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I think the time is fast approaching to put this thread on ignore, it’s going to run and run with “gutted” and “Who Hooh” isn’t it? :smile:

Right decision all round for me, Potter not coming back, not me ignoring it!

I was a big fan when he was here but the bridge has been burned and from then on became impossible to cross back. We got very very lucky with RDZ being available. Let’s see how lucky we get this time.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here