Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If Graham Potter is re-appointed...

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
Didn't he pretty much whore himself out to half of the Premier League in front of all the media spotlights? Commitment and integrity...
No he didn't, he kept very quiet throughout the whole 'thing' (if there was one). Nobody knows for sure if he spoke to us, Chelsea or Man United, it was all just press speculation.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No he didn't, he kept very quiet throughout the whole 'thing' (if there was one). Nobody knows for sure if he spoke to us, Chelsea or Man United, it was all just press speculation.
He spoke to us according to numerous credible reports.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
On half term holidays with the children. Back to school for them on Monday so the announcement can be made public then, holding shirt, backroom staff etc
“Graham, it’s Tony here. Yes, that one. Would you like to come back? I promise Neal Maupay’s left and we’ll try and get Sanchez back”.

“Can I let you know on Monday Tone? I’m at Peppa Pig World”

*click*

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
You all jest but...Here's my first and probably last bit of ITK info on the Potter situation. GP has been abroad on holiday for the past week. I know this because he was in the same place as a mate of mine (it does look VERY nice by the way). Looks like he has now left.

For all I know, he could have gone on another holiday but he has been working on his tan the past week and certainly hasn't been in a meeting room at the Amex negotiating with Barbs and Tone. I appreciate there are mobile phones in this day and age but the long and the short of it is that he hasn't even been in the country whilst this will he won't he saga kicked off.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
You all jest but...Here's my first and probably last bit of ITK info on the Potter situation. GP has been abroad on holiday for the past week. I know this because he was in the same place as a mate of mine (it does look VERY nice by the way). Looks like he has now left.

For all I know, he could have gone on another holiday but he has been working on his tan the past week and certainly hasn't been in a meeting room at the Amex negotiating with Barbs and Tone. I appreciate there are mobile phones in this day and age but the long and the short of it is that he hasn't even been in the country whilst this will he won't he saga kicked off.
How is Makka Pakka getting on these days? He must be making a mint from the stone washing business if he can afford expensive holidays.

I do suspect all this: is Potter coming back is just a smokescreen for an out of the blue appointment in the next week or so.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024

Yup lots of people on holiday now.. probably a 50/50 chance Paul Barber is playing mandolin at the Copacobana at this very moment.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
How is Makka Pakka getting on these days? He must be making a mint from the stone washing business if he can afford expensive holidays.

I do suspect all this: is Potter coming back is just a smokescreen for an out of the blue appointment in the next week or so.
It was one of the Tombliboo's. Quit the music gigs and got into Banking.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Martin Samuel writing in The Sunday Times reckons this appointment is crucial to the Club's future in the PL (pay wall so can't share). Get it wrong, he says, and we're down. The bloke is not a fan of Clubs who continually flog their best assets, as there is ultimately a price to pay. You can duck and dive for a while, but you are only one bad appointment from the Championship.

I don't normally agree with him, but I do in this case. And the longer this goes on the more concerned I become.

Will be very happy for this to be proved wrong (again).
He wrote the same thing back in February, pretending that he hoped not to be proved right. His argument was that we were too good and got tall poppy syndrome because the rich kids came for all of our assets. It sounds convincing when he raises the relegation of Swansea, Southampton, Leicester etc but if you pause for a moment and think of all the other teams that have been through completely different paths that led to relegation, the argument crumbles away to one core fact that we all know: Every team outside of the monied six, now seven, has to approach every season with the possibility of relegation on their minds. That has been target one for us and most other teams ever since we got promoted. Every year, three teams, just over a quarter, fail to hit that goal.

Thanks for your amazing insight Martin. If only we had a thread on here that measures our progress against this target, every bloody season.

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Norfolk
He wrote the same thing back in February, pretending that he hoped not to be proved right. His argument was that we were too good and got tall poppy syndrome because the rich kids came for all of our assets. It sounds convincing when he raises the relegation of Swansea, Southampton, Leicester etc but if you pause for a moment and think of all the other teams that have been through completely different paths that led to relegation, the argument crumbles away to one core fact that we all know: Every team outside of the monied six, now seven, has to approach every season with the possibility of relegation on their minds. That has been target one for us and most other teams ever since we got promoted. Every year, three teams, just over a quarter, fail to hit that goal.

Thanks for your amazing insight Martin. If only we had a thread on here that measures our progress against this target, every bloody season.
Maybe wants to be proven right so he can smug it over other sports reporters.
I am still in the camp of get to 38 points as quickly as possible then see where you end up. Easy to play with freedom when there is no chance of going down.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Probably because he is not the clubs 1st choice - same with Cooper. If both of these candidates were high up on Tony's list I'm sure one would be in by now.

Seems to me like another curve ball is coming which none of us will expect.
No one does a curve ball like a Brighton curve ball. It will be incoming and everyone will be looking the other way - wham! The chances are that it will be some unbelievable talent of a South American coach from the likes of Deportivo Wanka. Oh how we can dream. :amex:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Trouble is now we don’t have a head of recruitment other PL clubs are already raiding the South American market, Palace have just signed the next wonder kid for £30m he may of been a player we would of signed for £10m two seasons ago, nothing lasts forever.
They all want a slice of the pie now after seeing our recent sales profit and are prepared to pay more to get them.
That’s what they thought when Palace signed Franca last summer for £20m/25 - yet to score. / flopped (so far). Hodgson didn’t fancy him or nor does Glasner.

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019
When I think of the way Potter was when he was first here, I actually have some good feelings about him returning. He was humble, good-natured and strangley endearing at times. I like the idea of that Potter coming back, doing well, and making up for how he left us.

But then I think about how he was later on. The teeth sucking. The "it is what it is" in every post match interview. The sniping at the fans. His weirdly smug matter of fact attitude. And I realise we could do so much better.

And then I think about his wanky Chelsea haircut. His easy life at Brighton comment, amongst others. His surprise when we booed him. That little old Brighton might feel hard done by at his leaving and not kiss his ass on the way out. And I think what an almighty prick, stay away from my club.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
That’s what they thought when Palace signed Franca last summer for £20m/25 - yet to score. / flopped (so far). Hodgson didn’t fancy him or nor does Glasner.
True although they are signing players now all around 20 years old apart from Kamada if they get him in. Looks like they are backing the manager. If they hold on to Eze and Elysee they will be a force next season possibly take a European place.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
True although they are signing players now all around 20 years old apart from Kamada if they get him in. Looks like they are backing the manager. If they hold on to Eze and Elysee they will be a force next season possibly take a European place.
Well let’s see - bit early in the window to start passing any verdicts and . Does anyone really think they’re keeping Guehi, Olise and Eze ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here