Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

if glen murray was still at the albion?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No we wouldn't. We miss him, but not to the extent felt by most on here. We need new GK, RB, LB, creative centre midfield player, CF.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
So you don't think Murray, or a player of his size and attributes, would help CMS?

Not in a side where the forwards are not getting service, in a side playing hoofball like Palace that may work better. The Problem imo isn't the forwards.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
People talk about Murray now as if he is some sort of Messi figure. He is a centre forward who has scored about 4 goals for a mid table side... get over it people!!

this

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I suppose gm and nf never ripped southampton apart when we won there 3-1 there a while back! He was one of a few players with real quality and we got rid:facepalm:

Ha ha we also had Dean Cox and Liam Dickinson in that game, so do you still want them here? One player that did play there that has never been replaced was Crofts.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would have loved us to have kept Murray to pertner CMS but I think that the player we are missing more is Bennett as we have nobody prepared to have a shot from distance. He is the one we need to replace somehow.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Still look on the bright side, at least Murray didn't walk to our biggest rivals on a freebie.....oh.

Bennett hasn't featured in the last two Norwich games I think I'm correct in saying. I always have to look away from MOTD when that smug, Brighton-raping wanker Lambert comes on post-match - still at least we haven't got much worth taking at the moment, although Lambert might possibly make a £50k offer for Dunk in January and throw in a couple of training kits.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
People talk about Murray now as if he is some sort of Messi figure. He is a centre forward who has scored about 4 goals for a mid table side... get over it people!!
To give an unbiased viewpoint, Palace play 1 striker with 2 of Zaha/Scannell/Ambrose out wide and one of 3 centre midfielders behind Murray.

Murray plays a valuable, lone role in our team and holds onto the ball for us when we break forward which is our game. We break with pace and Murray is normally the one providing the ball to Zaha to fly down the wing.

I'd also add that he is brilliant defensively from set pieces, time after time he wins the ball and gets it away.

It's amazing that we're missing our 17yo Jonny Williams, Scannell just isn't as good as him, and the Murray-Zaha-Williams combo was just getting going, but teams are starting to double Zaha and Murray and if Ambrose isn't on form, we struggle. Luckily, we have a strong defence who had conceded the least in the league prior to yesterday.

We are apparently in for Jason Puncheon though, which will be massive for us... but anyway, Murray is one of the best Centre Forwards i've seen for Palace and when the team is ticking, he's normally at the centre of it, whether he's scoring the goals or not.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Not in a side where the forwards are not getting service, in a side playing hoofball like Palace that may work better. The Problem imo isn't the forwards.
And hoofball?

You're an idiot. I suggest you get a copy of the Palace-Brighton DVD and watch it. The majority of the service to Murray is to his feet. Though he's equally as good in the air.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
To give an unbiased viewpoint, Palace play 1 striker with 2 of Zaha/Scannell/Ambrose out wide and one of 3 centre midfielders behind Murray.

Murray plays a valuable, lone role in our team and holds onto the ball for us when we break forward which is our game. We break with pace and Murray is normally the one providing the ball to Zaha to fly down the wing.

I'd also add that he is brilliant defensively from set pieces, time after time he wins the ball and gets it away.

It's amazing that we're missing our 17yo Jonny Williams, Scannell just isn't as good as him, and the Murray-Zaha-Williams combo was just getting going, but teams are starting to double Zaha and Murray and if Ambrose isn't on form, we struggle. Luckily, we have a strong defence who had conceded the least in the league prior to yesterday.

We are apparently in for Jason Puncheon though, which will be massive for us... but anyway, Murray is one of the best Centre Forwards i've seen for Palace and when the team is ticking, he's normally at the centre of it, whether he's scoring the goals or not.

That is a VERY good summary of exactly what you get with Glenn. It is easy to forget what an asset he was at defensive set pieces, in particular.

Player Team Goals

Richard Lambert Southampton 13
Ross McCormack Leeds United 10
Keith Andrews Ipswich Town 9
Darius Henderson Millwall 9
Billy Sharp Doncaster Rovers 9
Chris Wood Birmingham 9
Grant McCann Peterborough United 8
Carlton Cole West Ham United 8
Matt Fryatt Hull City 8
Craig Davies Barnsley 8
Robert Snodgrass Leeds United 8
Lucas Jutkiewicz Coventry City 8
Charlie Austin Burnley 8
Kevin Phillips Blackpool 7
Michael Chopra Ipswich Town 7
David Nugent Leicester City 7
Peter Whittingham Cardiff City 7
Robert Koren Hull City 7
Ricardo Vaz Te Barnsley 7
Nicky Maynard Bristol City 7
Marvin Emnes Middlesbrough 7
Jay Rodriguez Burnley 7
Kenny Miller Cardiff City 6
Barry Robson Middlesbrough 6
Scott McDonald Middlesbrough 6
Craig Mackail-Smith Brighton 6
Adam Lallana Southampton 6
Simon Church Reading 6
Emile Sinclair Peterborough United 6
Jonjo Shelvey Blackpool 6
Marvin Sordell Watford 6
Paul Taylor Peterborough United 6

Nope ... I can't find Murray either.

Henderson, Wood, Davies, on the other hand ...

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Player Team Goals

Richard Lambert Southampton 13
Ross McCormack Leeds United 10
Keith Andrews Ipswich Town 9
Darius Henderson Millwall 9
Billy Sharp Doncaster Rovers 9
Chris Wood Birmingham 9
Grant McCann Peterborough United 8
Carlton Cole West Ham United 8
Matt Fryatt Hull City 8
Craig Davies Barnsley 8
Robert Snodgrass Leeds United 8
Lucas Jutkiewicz Coventry City 8
Charlie Austin Burnley 8
Kevin Phillips Blackpool 7
Michael Chopra Ipswich Town 7
David Nugent Leicester City 7
Peter Whittingham Cardiff City 7
Robert Koren Hull City 7
Ricardo Vaz Te Barnsley 7
Nicky Maynard Bristol City 7
Marvin Emnes Middlesbrough 7
Jay Rodriguez Burnley 7
Kenny Miller Cardiff City 6
Barry Robson Middlesbrough 6
Scott McDonald Middlesbrough 6
Craig Mackail-Smith Brighton 6
Adam Lallana Southampton 6
Simon Church Reading 6
Emile Sinclair Peterborough United 6
Jonjo Shelvey Blackpool 6
Marvin Sordell Watford 6
Paul Taylor Peterborough United 6

That is the most worrying statistic I have seen this season. How? How? How?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here