Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Fulham can do it

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Congratulations to Fulham for a remarkable achievement, more than anything it goes to show what can be accomplished by teams that have risen through the lower leagues.

So what do you think, wouldn't it be a dream if we could follow in their footsteps & be playing European football & maybe making the finals in 5 - 7 years.

We can do it. How long do you think it could take?

Inspirational

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I was thinking that anything is possible after tonight. With the right management and investment, Fulham have established themselves with a stadium that is about the same size of Falmer.

7-10 years maybe. We can dream!

SuperGreens

Apr 29, 2010
Congratulations to Fulham for a remarkable achievement, more than anything it goes to show what can be accomplished by teams that have risen through the lower leagues.

So what do you think, wouldn't it be a dream if we could follow in their footsteps & be playing European football & maybe making the finals in 5 - 7 years.

We can do it. How long do you think it could take?

Inspirational

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

tube train

Sep 10, 2009
Also shows what can be achieved if you have a seriously rich ( albeit bonkers ) backer .

He is very rich but to be fair they havent bought there position in the final... the team really apart from zamora (6 million) were frees and cheap...

they have done it the right way and built brick my brick...

the ground looks great (compared to what it did)

great manager knows how to get the best out of his players

and to be fair the owner doesnt get involved and lets the manager run the club the way it should be

i would be very pleased if brighton could follow this..

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I remember when Al Fayed first took over I was really quite anti Fulham, particularly as during our exile years when I couldn't get to Gillingham I would often go and see Brentford with friends, and the Bees hated Fulham. HOWEVER apart from the first few years with Tigana and Keegan Fulham haven't actually gone crazy with the cash and have actually got quite a modest budget by premier league standards. AND YET they've gone from strength to strength under Hodgson, who is a credit to the club.

I remember thinking Blackburn were hasty in sacking Hodgson in the late 90s when he had one very good season and then half a less successful one so it's good to see he's come back and proven he's more than capable in the Premiership and in taking Fulham to a European final for the first time in history whilst all other British clubs in Europe have failed is a MOMENTOUS achievement.

Hodgson HAS to be manager of the year and if Fulham win the Europa League I will be positively delighted for them.

I wouldn't have thought Mohammed Al Fayed and Tony Bloom have too much in common BUT they've both pledged to bring success to the struggling clubs they've bought and frankly I'd be only too happy if we followed the same path Fulham have to achieve it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here