Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Falmer went tits up!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I would be quite happy to go back to Gillingham...nice stadium and now excellent road system back to good old blighty.

I was home just after 10:45

Seriously though, it just shows what a good road system we actually have and dare I say it, parking round the ground was a pleasure as it meant I could get away toot sweet.

All in all excellent day yesterday, second half ended up standing:)eek: ) by the back and the view was excellent, thought Bertin was outstanding again as was Butters and O'Gooner when he came on.

Only critisism yesterday was that we couldn't hold the ball up in the second half. we relied too much on hoofs away, instead of giving it to Bertin and allowing him to distribute it. Anyone else notice that El Abd flatly refuses to pass it to Bertin even when he is in space.

All in all great evening....and the chips were nice

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
So, apart from it being financially crippling, you would be quite happy to play home games at the Pissfilled?

I assume your comments were TIC

that asside, imagine how nice it would be to travel to a Falmer Station, with direct rail and road links, where you could be home by 5pm/10pm

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Wanderer said:
So, apart from it being financially crippling, you would be quite happy to play home games at the Pissfilled?

I assume your comments were TIC

that asside, imagine how nice it would be to travel to a Falmer Station, with direct rail and road links, where you could be home by 5pm/10pm

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

;) ;) ;)

Seriously though...The Priestfield has come on leaps and bounds since the shithole we were forced to play at...as well as the roads around there.

Falmer station to Mile Oak in half an hour....are we looking to put the bullet trains on then?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Fear not as Falmer will happen

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Uncle Buck said:
Parking around the stadium was good?

Everywhere had restrictions until 10pm.

I ended up parking by the school about 10 minutes walk from the chippy- just by Edna

was fine and only took about 5 minutes to get to the dual carriageway to tesco's

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Albion Dan said:
I hope this post is some sort of premature April fools joke.

:p :p :p

Last edited:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Dave the Gaffer said:
Seriously though...The Priestfield has come on leaps and bounds since the shithole we were forced to play at...

Yeah, because Scally raped us for so much rent they were able to afford a nice new stand or two. We paid for the new improved Pissfield. Literally and metaphorically.

bhafc99 said:
Yeah, because Scally raped us for so much rent they were able to afford a nice new stand or two. We paid for the new improved Pissfield. Literally and metaphorically.

We may have paid for some of it but not even that scumbag Scally could have gotten away with charging us over 11 Million in rent for 2 seasons;)

The Medway Stand, opened in 2000 at a cost of around £9 million, is the largest of the four and has two-tiers with executive boxes between the top and bottom tier. It replaced the old Main Stand and part of the away terracing. The Main Stand had stood since 1915 and was demolished in 1999. Due to serious delays with the building of the new stand, the club was forced to spend one season first with that side of the ground completely empty, then later with building work ongoing. Even when the stand was opened to fans, most of the facilities had not been finished. The Rainham End, which is located behind one of the goals, opened in 1999. It replaced the old barrel-roofed Rainham End terrace, which was traditionally where the club's more fervent and vocal supporters stood. The Gordon Road Stand was opened in 1997 and is opposite the Medway Stand. It replaced the old stand which was in a run-down state and was built at a cost of £2.2 million.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here