Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IF Falmer is rejected...

Nov 3, 2003
if and take example of american football game that attracted sumthing like15k people i belive turned up these sort crowds for athletics events would residents complain, football is just another sport people bought houses AFTER Withdean was built if u live by seaside isnt it reasonable to expect to hear seagulls?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I will buy an OAP season ticket to watch BHA at Withdean in 4 years time!

I agree that it is very easy to say no ok Ivor Caplin may lose his seat at the next general election but is that a tremendous loss to the Labour majority but to say YES is much more difficult and takes much more consideration. The one thing that won't worry them is losing votes over a yes, perhaps even gaining some in Sussex.

Oval Gull

Feb 5, 2004
harry_h said:
Is there a chance, no matter how small the club could survive? Each day there is no news, the more and more I get worried. What is the the date for the Labour Party conference in Brighton, because if he hasn't made a decision by then, I will worry.

Can't see them putting it off this long, but for what its worth, I think the Labour conference is the first week in October (3rd to 7th Oct).

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I would have thought that it would be folly to not have some sort of backup plan, but it would also be folly to say what it is.

If Prescott's office says no, which there is a 50/50 chance it will, then I am of the opinion that we are in a more serious position than just the football situation, in that the Local Elected Council backed it, a referendum( rather spuriously) came out in favour of it, a planning inspector wanted it...then I think this undermines local democracy and could signal the end of the labour party in this area. Certainly Ivor wont stand a cats chance in hell of getting back in, neither will the Brighton MP's as the campaign against them will be ferocious( as it should) I think also that we should as a group appeal against every planning application that is made in this area. If we can mobilise to bring the planning department to a grinding halt( even though it is not their fault) then it will send a message out that we are very very cross.

I am still of the opinion that the longer it goes on, the worst it is. But that is just my opinion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here