Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Dean Hammond stays...

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Okay lets say nobody comes in for Dean in the next few days does this mean he is effectively staying until the end of the season and will walk on a free?

If thats the case would you still play him, if he doesn't sign a new contract? What about him being captain still if he doesn't sign?

I'd like to think we'd sign a couple of players and Hammond signs a one year deal. After all he is still young enough to see what the next season brings about.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
i'd play him why let one of our best players rot in the reserves. Hope he helps us get a play off place and who knows promotion. That would be good he joins a team who get relegated but we go up the ultimate irony. Still hope he signs on the dotted line tho

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
If we want a shot at the playoffs, I don't think we have a choice of whether we should play him or not. If he is definately off in the summer (if he says so) we should perhaps hand the captaincy over to one of the other lads. Maybe given a few months, Thomson as I hear he is a leader.
Hammond still has something to offer this club, even if it is just for the next 4 months, but realistically, I can't see him being here in a weeks time.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
If he stays but doesn't sign a new contract, i can't see how he could still be captain.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I assume that if we transfer list him, we,ll still have to pay his comtract up anyway.........play him if he stays........what an earth has he done wrong........?
He has ambition.............surely that,s what we want from Albion players isn,t it............or would you prefer players who just turn up for the weekly pay packet.......and do just enough...?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
if he stays then play him by all means - we are a better team with him in it. but a player who wants away should not be leading the team, and as such i would strip him of the captaincy

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I hear he's going to Plymouth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here