Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IF Claridge plays.....

StaffsGull said:
Said he wouldn't have him anywhere near a football pitch or words to that affect.

Alas for poor old Jonah, the way things are going it's not that likely he'll be sharing a changing room with our dynamic young newcomer :)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
BensGrandad said:
Any striker is better than no striker at the moment.

What a sorry state that we are in.

Of course we're in a sorry state at the moment-and it's all down to those three c u n t s who ripped the heart out of the club and community.

So-if you're not happy with the way things are then make sure you do all that you can to ensure we get our stadium. You probably already are but in case you're not-make bloody sure you are doing your bit!

Personally, I'd like to give Clarridge a good slapping but if he wears an Albion shirt he's become one of ours...and no throwing vitamins for the over fifties on the pitch when he's out there:lolol:

Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
Even if he never plays for us, Steve Claridge is an Albion legend, due to events in May 1996.

Play off final - P****e 0 Leicester 1 (Claridge 120).

Scenes of marvellousness all round.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Song-wise, how about the old Clive Dunn 'classic' "Grandad"?

Seriously though, anyone that saw Claridge on Superstars will realise he's one of the fittest guys around - he murdered everyone in the running. Age shouldn't be a problem, and he has always had the knack of being in the right place to score.

Even if we pick up just a few extra points with his help, it will have been worth it. Could make all the difference come May.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
saafend_seagull said:
how about something original like spurs sang for carr..

kum bi ar my lord...
kum bi ar..
ohh lord steve claridge

:tosser:

That is Jones' song. And given the history I do not think that will go down well.

Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
I am all for experience to go with the yougsters, but he retired from league football because he couldn't hack it any more...he goes to Weymouth as player manager...couldn't hack it...and now we are asking him to come into the Championship to play up front with Leon?

That's a bit harsh. He would have stayed at Millwall and not gone to Weymouth if it hadn't been for his mate Ian Ridley. When Ridley gets ousted, the first thing the new chairman does is sack Claridge.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
harsh but fair though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here