Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Brighton got bought out

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I doubt whether Tony Bloom himself would be content with that. If Wigan can stay in the Prem for 8 years on their gates then, in theory, so could the majority of Championship clubs.

The problem with Wigan is that relegation is ultimately invitable, and they have already (only just) dodged a couple of bullets recently. They have also accrued an awful lot of debt from their Premiership adventure, which on relegation could mean an awful lot of trouble!

The important thing is that the club is run sensibly and not put in a position of risk and dependancy on Premiership football. Wolves and West Brom seem to have it down to an art form.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Reality check for some people on here. TB is rich, but he's small-fry compared to say Abramovich, or the owner of Man City.

So, in response to the original question. 100% no. I feel extremely fortunate to be experiencing the revival in our fortunes. If this means that we become destined to be a yo-yo club between the premiership and the championship, or even just stuck in the championship, then I would be content with that. After the many bad years, then this is luxury. I wouldn't swap what we have now for a super-rich new owner, who may decide to pull the plug if they get bored with their new toy. For those who aren't old enough to remember the bad years of being at the bottom of the whole football league and somehow managing to not get relegated, then you may not fully appreciate how low it was to be an albion fan then. Playing at Gillingham with low quality players; an uncertain future and no home.

The benefit of having someone wealthy, financially astute and, most importantly, a real, passionate fan for the club is priceless. We're lucky; really, really lucky. I honestly can't see any risks to the club at present. The stadium is paid for (by this I mean the club doesn't owe anyone external). We are attracting players who 3 years ago we couldn't have dreamed of. We have a manager who appears to be here for the medium term at least. We have a new, state of the art training facility being built. We're assmbling a development squad to build a future of home-grown players being brought through. And then we have the pies. What more could you want?

So when I see people posting and complaining about 'lack of activity' etc, I honestly think: "What the f*** do you want?". If people like that cannot truely appreciate the turnaround in our fortunes, then I struggle to think what will satisfy them. Maybe some people like to moan though.

Excellent post my old fruit.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd have to say no but I'd really love an end of season like Man City just had

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Not really. I'd rather see how it pans out with Chelsea and Man City first. I still feel with Chelsea it will all end in tears.
I was speaking to a mate who is also a lifelong chelsea fan over a few pints the other night, we both agreed that we've been there and done it all now, would be more than happy if abramovich slung his hook with his money, just leave us stamford bridge and we can have our club back, he looked at me laughed and said " rotherham away" we both pissed ourselves , but both of us kne we'd love to be doing those away games alongside proper fans, maybe theres a hint of nostalgia there for when we were young, who knows.

Reality check for some people on here. TB is rich, but he's small-fry compared to say Abramovich, or the owner of Man City.

So, in response to the original question. 100% no. I feel extremely fortunate to be experiencing the revival in our fortunes. If this means that we become destined to be a yo-yo club between the premiership and the championship, or even just stuck in the championship, then I would be content with that. After the many bad years, then this is luxury. I wouldn't swap what we have now for a super-rich new owner, who may decide to pull the plug if they get bored with their new toy. For those who aren't old enough to remember the bad years of being at the bottom of the whole football league and somehow managing to not get relegated, then you may not fully appreciate how low it was to be an albion fan then. Playing at Gillingham with low quality players; an uncertain future and no home.

The benefit of having someone wealthy, financially astute and, most importantly, a real, passionate fan for the club is priceless. We're lucky; really, really lucky. I honestly can't see any risks to the club at present. The stadium is paid for (by this I mean the club doesn't owe anyone external). We are attracting players who 3 years ago we couldn't have dreamed of. We have a manager who appears to be here for the medium term at least. We have a new, state of the art training facility being built. We're assmbling a development squad to build a future of home-grown players being brought through. And then we have the pies. What more could you want?

So when I see people posting and complaining about 'lack of activity' etc, I honestly think: "What the f*** do you want?". If people like that cannot truely appreciate the turnaround in our fortunes, then I struggle to think what will satisfy them. Maybe some people like to moan though.

Harveys, you forgot to mention the Harveys.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC

I need that holly impression again???....it's like crack to me!!

I know it won't be as good as the first time! Lmfao the bjita!!!!

The pies are out of this world, good post.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here