Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Brighton got bought out

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
By a super rich billionaire, would you welcome it?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You should have posted that about 5 years ago :lol:

jjt1976

Dec 29, 2009
i love having rich owner who loves our club just as much as us, yeah he might not be a multi billionaire but he has enough money to push us on to the next level and into the premier league

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Like a rich Russian or Arab?...like man city or Nottingham forest?

I think there are pros and cons?

Not many clubs have a owner that support the club they own.

Personally I think it's great if they actually like football unlike the glaziers.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
I don't really like what has happened to City. I think if I was a supporter I'd be quite pleased to be winning things, but just being able to buy absolutely anyone without a second thought for finances takes some of the fun out of it.

Your right, the novelty would wear off.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Wouldn't be that welcoming to be honest, unless Tony for his own reasons wanted out.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Not really. I'd rather see how it pans out with Chelsea and Man City first. I still feel with Chelsea it will all end in tears.

Oct 25, 2003
i'd certainly feel uneasy about the club becomming a plaything of some rich dude who just chose us because he could

i like the fact that we're owned by a rich dude who a) supports the albion and b) his family have been involved with the club before

quite like the idea of him passing the ownership down to his kids and creating a bit of a "bloom dynasty"

larus

Reality check for some people on here. TB is rich, but he's small-fry compared to say Abramovich, or the owner of Man City.

So, in response to the original question. 100% no. I feel extremely fortunate to be experiencing the revival in our fortunes. If this means that we become destined to be a yo-yo club between the premiership and the championship, or even just stuck in the championship, then I would be content with that. After the many bad years, then this is luxury. I wouldn't swap what we have now for a super-rich new owner, who may decide to pull the plug if they get bored with their new toy. For those who aren't old enough to remember the bad years of being at the bottom of the whole football league and somehow managing to not get relegated, then you may not fully appreciate how low it was to be an albion fan then. Playing at Gillingham with low quality players; an uncertain future and no home.

The benefit of having someone wealthy, financially astute and, most importantly, a real, passionate fan for the club is priceless. We're lucky; really, really lucky. I honestly can't see any risks to the club at present. The stadium is paid for (by this I mean the club doesn't owe anyone external). We are attracting players who 3 years ago we couldn't have dreamed of. We have a manager who appears to be here for the medium term at least. We have a new, state of the art training facility being built. We're assmbling a development squad to build a future of home-grown players being brought through. And then we have the pies. What more could you want?

So when I see people posting and complaining about 'lack of activity' etc, I honestly think: "What the f*** do you want?". If people like that cannot truely appreciate the turnaround in our fortunes, then I struggle to think what will satisfy them. Maybe some people like to moan though.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We are already owned by a billionaire, I wouldn't switch to another, no.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I think you will find that £56.25 was enough to buy BHA once and we didn't like it one bit

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I feel extremely fortunate to be experiencing the revival in our fortunes. If this means that we become destined to be a yo-yo club between the premiership and the championship, or even just stuck in the championship, then I would be content with that. After the many bad years, then this is luxury.

I doubt whether Tony Bloom himself would be content with that. If Wigan can stay in the Prem for 8 years on their gates then, in theory, so could the majority of Championship clubs.

The key is the link between ambition and finance. I think I'd rather enjoy the journey with Tony and see if he can take us as far as his purse strings and our income allow - basically, doing a Stoke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here