Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Bozza is killed under a pile of shelves and books tonight, how long can NSC carry on...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
A cricket team I played for had this very problem. The guy who maintained the site died suddenly and I was handed the task of resurrecting the site. Unfortunately, he was the sole contact and although the URL was the name of the club, the hosting company refused to let me have the club's files back so we had to build the site again from scratch. It was a sobering experience.

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
Time to get an Apprentice
alan.jpg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bozza is more likely to perish underneath a humungous pile of empty Aspalls bottles left out for the recycling men.

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
You joke, but...

1. If I'd have been sitting where I normally sit on the sofa, the books would have landed on me and also my beloved Macbook Pro. I'm sure I'd have been alright, although a tad bruised, but I'm not sure how I could have coped with the loss of my silver sliver of joy.

2. More seriously, in the last few months I know two people who have passed away suddenly in the middle of the night. Neither were too much older than me, both fit, healthy and with no known medical issues. Putting all the japery aside, I think NSC is an important community, and if I did drop down in a similar way I would want NSC to be able to carry on running. It would immediately, of course, but as soon as issues struck then someone would need to know how to try and resolve them.

So, putting the mordid stuff aside, I do intend to document how NSC hangs together, the hosting arrangements, where the emails go, how the hosting gets paid and all that kind of stuff so someone is able to get to where they need to. Without account passwords, for example, there's not a lot anyone could do.

Flowers or donations to the REMF ?

Jul 20, 2003
I'm shocked ..... even piss ant little backstreet concerns like The United States Of America have a contingency .......... admittedly it wasn't that long ago that they had 'Dan Quayle' as the contingency.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
What happened? Are the shelves straight? Has the wall fallen down?We NEED to be TOLD

Which Tory MP was it who answered the question 'If Margaret Thatcher was run over by a bus tomorrow, who should be Prime Minister?' with the career-ending answer, 'The bus driver'?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here