Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If anyone had any doubts that Mellor is a tosser...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
...then this little beauty in the Evening Standard today should comfortably dispell them.

Why it will be hell for Hull in the top flight

Dean Windass scores a Wembley goal at the age of 39 to put Hull into the Premier League. Great, and not so great. Good for him of course, but the idea of Windass turning out in the top flight next season at 40 is a joke.

As perhaps is the thought of Hull staying up barring a miracle; on an honest view they'll be lucky to get as many points as Derby did. Once you cut through the inevitable sentimentality about a small club's triumph, the truth is the Premier League as an internationally credible competition is damaged by such promotions. If the Championship can't throw up more credible candidates than Hull, then perhaps we should go back to two-up two-down again.

"the truth is the Premier League as an internationally credible competition is damaged by such promotions"

I suppose anyone outside of the top 4 is a bit of an embarrassment really arn't they Dave. I mean lets just cut to the chase here - the Premiership is about four teams nowadays, maybe not even that. Perhaps they should just play each other 20 times a season, and we can do away with these pathetic small clubs gatecrashing the party and cluttering up the place. Chelsea are far too big these days to bother with the likes of Hull.

How fortunate we are to have people of David Mellors vision and insight in our media.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Why do you have to keep writing long posts? I opened your last one you did and thought sod it,can't be arsed.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We had one of these "Mellor is a f***ing twat" threads last week didn't we. I distinctly remember it, because I don't think anyone disagreed.

And that is because David Mellor is in fact a complete f***ing no-nothing twat.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why do you have to keep writing long posts? I opened your last one you did and thought sod it,can't be arsed.

Well in fairness I didn't write most of this post. David Mellor did.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
that's actually pissed me off! any way we can complain about this twat (sorry, to lazy to search for things on their website)

You can post a comment on the article. Needless to say there are already a few remarks there, but its one of those sites where the posts are vetted before benig added, so the TRUE replies have probably been suppressed.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Not sure how Hull getting into the prem is bad for football, but I am sure that Mellor is a uniped humping tory gobshite.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Why do the Evening Standard even let him write for them?

He's a twat of the highest order, but then again, so is that shit rag.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Its fair to say, I didn't have any doubts, either before or after, reading that, that Mellor is a tosser.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Mellor is a disgrace. I'm looking forward to Hull being in the Prem next season.

And now that he's a Prem striker again I think Capello could do a lot worse than pick Windass for the Czech friendly squad, simply to send out a signal to other English strikers that they need to get their act together.

The fact that jokers like Ashton, Alan Smith and Andy Johnson have got games is a disgrace. None of them are fit to lace Robbie Fowler's boots and he could barely get onto the bench in the 90s.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I never had any doubts!

And what does 'internationally credible competition' mean apart from selling the rights to every country?

But there is a better point in there somewhere which Mellor as usual overlooks, opting instead just to slag off Hull and belittle their achievement.

It's becoming very difficult to move between the top two divisions and either a) compete/stay up, if you go up, or b) not have severe financial problems if you go down.

That seems to be a situation that the Premier League either can't or won't address, and I cannot see any other solution than a more equitable distribution of the money. Fat chance.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Presumably Mellor has a very short memory and can no longer remember way back [about 6 years ago] when there was a big THREE? Before Abramovich rolled up with his ill gotten booty? Back when his beloved Chelsea were also-rans, with as much chance of winning the Prem as Hull do next season.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
_39265983_mellor_270.jpg

I really wish someone would hurt him. Badly.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Presumably Mellor has a very short memory and can no longer remember way back [about 6 years ago] when there was a big THREE? Before Abramovich rolled up with his ill gotten booty? Back when his beloved Chelsea were also-rans, with as much chance of winning the Prem as Hull do next season.

It was a big two really. Liverpool were still mediocre then too.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Didn't he used to be a fan of Fulham, but switched allegiances to Chelsea?

Thats what I thought. Im sure he did because Chelsea were more "successful". at the time it was because they played First division (in old money) and Fulham were languishing in Divs 3 & 4.

Stick to shagging pros in Chelsea shirts you gap toothed tosser. Sir Stan Mattherws turned out in the top flight at nearly 50, I believe Mortenson did as well and so did Shilton in their early 40s.

Dino Zoff won the WORLD CUP with Italy aged 40 in 1982.

So f*** off Mellor you ****.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I would suggest that the credibility of the Premier League as a competition is damaged far more by certain clubs spending outrageous and unsustainable amounts of money, thus reducing any idea of competition amongst the 20 teams to a mere concept.

Clearly Hull will struggle, but there's no need for Mellor to display quite such a dismissive attitude towards them. He is a perfect example of what's wrong with football at the top level.

Chelsea won chuff all last season: does that diminish their relevance to any of the competitions they entered (and failed in)?

Ugly, self-important, speccy buffoon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here