Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If anyone ever deserved shooting it's this bastard..

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I would have killed him whilst at the act to try and save the child but not after. Death would be too good for him.

Hmm, where's all the anti death penalty people now then ?

I'm glad he was shot dead, and quite rightly so if it could have saved the boys life. But the death penalty for his crime would still be wrong. If we all agree that committing murder in a civilized society is wrong, how can it possibly be morally right for the state to sanction it's own murder program as a response?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I can't see that he would have lasted long in prison really.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Having watched Hannibal rising the other day I know a few interesting ways to deal with this scumbag.:)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
:wave:

This does not change my view of the death penalty. Fair enough, shoot to maim/kill/stop him if you are able to save the child, but kill him afterwards? Not on my watch, sonny.

Besides, why didn't they stop him without using gun force? The (short) article does not mention him being armed.

My view is that the bloke deserved to die and as several others have said, by getting shot he got off lightly. However, please tell me what is the point in allowing somebody like that to live if he had the chance ? You can go on and on but why are people like Ian Brady and all the other utterly revolting murderers allowed to take up valuable prison space and tax payers' money ?

As I said before, what if the victim was a relative of yours ?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
My view is that the bloke deserved to die and as several others have said, by getting shot he got off lightly. However, please tell me what is the point in allowing somebody like that to live if he had the chance ? You can go on and on but why are people like Ian Brady and all the other utterly revolting murderers allowed to take up valuable prison space and tax payers' money ?

As I said before, what if the victim was a relative of yours ?

I don’t think anyone would be in a sound state of mind to decide whether someone should live or die, if they were to have killed a relative.

I don’t think the perpetrators of such callous crimes deserve to live, certainly never feel an ounce of happiness ever again, but that does not mean that I would condone the death penalty. It is morally wrong, in my opinion. Plus, the argument should never be about money and a waste to the taxpayer or how much we could save if we were to cull murderers and rapists.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I don’t think anyone would be in a sound state of mind to decide whether someone should live or die, if they were to have killed a relative.

I don’t think the perpetrators of such callous crimes deserve to live, certainly never feel an ounce of happiness ever again, but that does not mean that I would condone the death penalty. It is morally wrong, in my opinion. Plus, the argument should never be about money and a waste to the taxpayer or how much we could save if we were to cull murderers and rapists.

Oh but it is, why should I subsidise a worthless member of society ? The Yorkshire Ripper and Dennis Neilson amongst others knew exactly what they were doing so what purpose do they serve still being alive, especially as their blameless victims are very dead ?

I mean woud you allow Osuma Bin Laden to stay alive (if he's not already dead). He clearly hates us because we have different beliefs, he murders to make his point. Sorry but I would be more than happy to hang draw and quarter him personally.

There are arguments for and against I know but there are just some people for whom there is no redemption.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'm glad he was shot dead, and quite rightly so if it could have saved the boys life. But the death penalty for his crime would still be wrong. If we all agree that committing murder in a civilized society is wrong, how can it possibly be morally right for the state to sanction it's own murder program as a response?

Not a response though, it's a penalty.

Not a response though, it's a penalty.

Of course it's a response. And a long and considered one at that so it is a state sanctioned murder. What's next? Rape the rapists? Cut the hands off of thieves? Stone adulterers? Sounds like the muslims have the right idea no?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Of course it's a response. And a long and considered one at that so it is a state sanctioned murder. What's next? Rape the rapists? Cut the hands off of thieves? Stone adulterers? Sounds like the muslims have the right idea no?

Well there's a lot less crime in Muslem countries that's for sure. I think the one thing that is against the death penalty is that it's no detterant, never has been.

However, as I keep saying, if somebody you were close to was sadistically tortured to death I doubt that you'd be quite so liberal.

However, as I keep saying, if somebody you were close to was sadistically tortured to death I doubt that you'd be quite so liberal.

Wouldn't bring them back would it? Although having said that I'd probably plan my own welcome home party should the guilty party ever be released. The state on the other hand should be above such petty minded vengeance.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Wouldn't bring them back would it? Although having said that I'd probably plan my own welcome home party should the guilty party ever be released. The state on the other hand should be above such petty minded vengeance.

Lokki you have a view for the way the state should handle it but a separate view on how you would handle it had the victim been close to you?

I agree.

This particular savage incident does much to raise the hackles of revenge within each one of us and it is that reaction which sees a lot of of us call for death whilst those that can nullify the gut reaction see the balanced view.

But faced with such a terrible crime for any one that we hold close to us ther can only be one retribution in the form of an eye for an eye.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Yes but it would give those close to the victim(s) closure.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I have read a few reports of victims families feeling worse after the executions.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Yes, I think 'Few' is the operative word.

I'm only saying there are two sides to the story. What I mean is that what you may thnk you want at the time may make you feel worse later.

I like the phrase "chose to shoot him":eek:

Did they have a reasoned amd structured discussion weighing up all the options available to them, undertake a risk assessment and then an impact assessment to ensure that they had covered all the bases, and them come to a conclusion based on a conscensus,rational and measurable criteria ?

Or did they just pump him full of lead

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here