Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If a football club's fans behave like these RUDDY students (Merged)

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
article-1337088-0C6B1E83000005DC-10_634x496.jpg

She should be so proud.

Acording to Sky News Ticker thingy this is the son of David Gilmore form Pink Floyed. Charlie Gilmore. ****.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The Supreme Court was not smashed up in any way, shape or form (despite what may have been reported).

Sky TV pictures showed otherwise last night so forgive me if I don't believe the rest of your rant against the police. NO student going to the demo could really have believed there would be no violence so you brought it upon yourselves. Good on the police last night.

So demo violence aside, would you care to detail how students paying LESS every month and starting to pay when they hit a HIGHER salary is bad for education ? Of course you can't because it goes against every argument these idiot students have. Every student I've seen interviewed and every NUS rep I've seen interviewed have had no grasp of the financial facts and appear just to jumped on the left wing band wagon.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Floyd star's son 'sorry' for demo | The Sun |News

THE son of legendary Pink Floyd guitarist David Gilmour has apologised for climbing the Cenotaph during yesterday's student protests.

Privately-educated Charlie Gilmour today said he "would like to express his deepest apologies for the terrible insult to the thousands of people who died bravely for our country".

He added he was "mortified" by his "moment of idiocy".

The Cenotaph, in Whitehall, commemorates Britain's war dead.

In his statement, Gilmour said he did not realise what the monument was.

His statement reads: "I would like to express my deepest apologies for the terrible insult to the thousands of people who died bravely for our country that my actions represented.

"I feel nothing but shame. My intention was not to attack or defile the Cenotaph.

"Running along with a crowd of people who had just been violently repelled by the police, I got caught up in the spirit of the moment.

"I did not realise that it was the Cenotaph and if I had, I certainly would not have done what I did.

"I feel additionally mortified that my moment of idiocy has distracted so much from the message yesterday's protest was trying to send out.

"Those who are commemorated by the Cenotaph died to protect the very freedoms that allow the people of Britain the right to protest and I feel deeply ashamed to have, although unintentionally and unknowingly, insulted the memory of them.

"Ignorance is the poorest of excuses but I am sincerely sorry."

Gilmour was among thousands of teenagers who descended on central London yesterday to protest against rising university tuition fees.

Many shamed Britain by turning the demonstration into an orgy of violence that continued late into the night.

David Gilmour was one of the lead singers and songwriters for Pink Floyd, whose albums include The Wall and Dark Side of the Moon.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
But some of us put more in than we take out.

Oh I get it, so you're better than others are you ? So apart from being a liar and a bullshiiter you're also a bit of a hero, oh pardon me for ever questioning your opinions, how could I dare to doubt such and esteemed being. Still I wonder what your job is, Sewage Engineer ? That's one way of taking more out.

Last edited:

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
The smashing up of the Treasury (by a small minority) was after the police had used some very dirty tactics of their own, and after democracy had failed within Parliament. The Supreme Court was not smashed up in any way, shape or form (despite what may have been reported).

Delusions. Democracy did not fail. The MPs voted and the democratic result was to increase tution fees. Just because you did not get the result you wanted does not mean democracy failed. Quite the contrary

Yes some of the things that a FEW protesters did (and I doubt they were even there for the protest, rather just there for the violence) were discraceful, such as chucking huge chunks of rocks at the riot police. In such a situation people could get seriously hurt, so I do not agree with that at all. But some of the things the police were doing were just as bad. Even though I was not doing it myself, I can understand why people would want to smash up the Treasury: that is to fight for democracy. In such a situation no one is getting hurt. OK it might cost the tax payer a few quid, but that is nothing in comparison to the education cuts the Government are implementing. The real criminals are those who voted for the Bill in Parliament yesterday.

If i could find the faceplam emote, i'd put it here.

Last edited:

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
he didnt apologise daddy paid someone to write a press statement. to be honest that justs adds insult to erm insult.

what a total total f***ing complete weapon. i really hope he never lives this down and it completely wrecks his life.

Castello

Castello
May 28, 2009
Tottenham
GEt out there and make your point students, you are getting publicity all round the world!! that does not happen with 'peaceful' protests. I for one am proud of you, don't let the bastards shaft us any further. If previous generations (mine included) had taken to the streets more often they maybe we wouldn't have accepted this shit for so long. !!!

about time somebody made a stand!

This!

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Sky TV pictures showed otherwise last night so forgive me if I don't believe the rest of your rant against the police. NO student going to the demo could really have believed there would be no violence so you brought it upon yourselves. Good on the police last night.

So demo violence aside, would you care to detail how students paying LESS every month and starting to pay when they hit a HIGHER salary is bad for education ? Of course you can't because it goes against every argument these idiot students have. Every student I've seen interviewed and every NUS rep I've seen interviewed have had no grasp of the financial facts and appear just to jumped on the left wing band wagon.

Please provide me with pictures. I saw some graffiti on a door and that was about it.

What, so the peaceful protestors who were exercising their DEMOCRACTIC right to protest brought it upon themselves? That argument is completely illogical. What do you expect them to do, not protest at all?

It's bad because it's another step to the privatisation of unis. Fees were introduced in 1998, and 12 years later they are being trebled. What's to say in another 12 years the government withdraws ALL university funding, and so the fee's have to go up to 15K, for example. Education is a right, not a privilege. It should be based on your grades, not your ability to pay. Most people under the new proposals will have a lifetime of debt, and that is a burden which people do not want and therefore it acts as a deterrent to those from less well off backgrounds. That is not right.

My biggest issue, though, is the democracy argument. Lib Dem MPs signed a pledge to vote against any rise in tuition fees, regardless of whether or not they were in a coalition. How can you justify promising something (indeed your flagship policy) in order to entice votes, and then as soon as you get into power go back on that promise? That is not democracy: votes feel misled.

I hate plenty more reasons why it is bad for education, and bad in general, but for now I have to go to a lecture.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
You are right. Education IS a right; HIGHER education isn't. You should be made to work for it.

Last edited:

Castello

Castello
May 28, 2009
Tottenham
Not sure what I would do if charged by massive police horses. Probably wouldn't involve me hurling pool balls and ready made paint bombs mind as if I was a completely innocent protestor I probably wouldn't have them in my pocket...

Lovely pic...

article-1337315-0C6AA08E000005DC-341_634x837.jpg

It is a lovely pic ...almost as delightful as this.

article-1337088-0C6C0BEA000005DC-577_634x420.jpg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My biggest issue, though, is the democracy argument. Lib Dem MPs signed a pledge to vote against any rise in tuition fees, regardless of whether or not they were in a coalition. How can you justify promising something (indeed your flagship policy) in order to entice votes, and then as soon as you get into power go back on that promise? That is not democracy: votes feel misled.
It's very, very poor, but not an example of democracy failing any more than any other broken electoral promise, like the vote on the Lisbon treaty.

Ultimately the electorate will remember broken promises and the Lib Dem vote will be absolutely decimated in the next election. That's actually how democracy works.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
If degrees like philosophy, history even Film Studies are now seen as simply luxury degrees - don't come back on here on ten years and complain how thick we have become as a nation.

If I came from a middle class family and had just got a place at Oxford to study Sociology - I'd be seriously thinking what's the f*cking point.

History isn't a luxury degree. It's one of the core degrees of the humanities where students can go on to become teachers, librarians, archivists, or even archaeologists, lawyers and politicians.

Sociology is one of the biggest non-degrees on the planet and the cause of much of the dissatisfaction with modern life. This "ology" is for people who don't know how to think, yet their degree studies will persuade them they are being told to look again at society and re-think how much the wealthy few owe to the hard work of the impoverished millions. While sociology teaches us not be so judgmental about people, it does, however, try to plant square pegs in round holes and completely rebuilds new kind of judgments based on class envy instead of training its students to look at the much broader picture to see whether and how the various parts of society depend on or abuse the other parts. Sociology has been the death of the cohesive society.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Many countries charge students for their education, why shouldn't this country ?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Education is a right, not a privilege. It should be based on your grades, not your ability to pay. Most people under the new proposals will have a lifetime of debt, and that is a burden which people do not want and therefore it acts as a deterrent to those from less well off backgrounds. That is not right.

Sigh ..... education is indeed a right - up to the age of 18. After that it's a choice and a choice you have to pay for. Should I expect the taxpayer to pay for my professional qualifications that I got while working rather than at Uni ? Of course not - I paid for them and was happy to do so to increase my salary potential.

It's not a LIFETIME of debt, well not unless you're unlucky enough to die very young. It's a MAXIMUM of 30 years and even then someone earning £25k will pay less than £8 per month. I fail to see how £8 a month would make anyone struggle if they're earning £25k.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Please provide me with pictures. I saw some graffiti on a door and that was about it.

What, so the peaceful protestors who were exercising their DEMOCRACTIC right to protest brought it upon themselves? That argument is completely illogical. What do you expect them to do, not protest at all?

It's bad because it's another step to the privatisation of unis. Fees were introduced in 1998, and 12 years later they are being trebled. What's to say in another 12 years the government withdraws ALL university funding, and so the fee's have to go up to 15K, for example. Education is a right, not a privilege. It should be based on your grades, not your ability to pay. Most people under the new proposals will have a lifetime of debt, and that is a burden which people do not want and therefore it acts as a deterrent to those from less well off backgrounds. That is not right.

I hate plenty more reasons why it is bad for education, and bad in general, but for now I have to go to a lecture.

No pictures (probably because I didn't do a full search) but straight from the Supreme Court website The Supreme Court

'The UK Supreme Court experienced some broken windows and graffiti during yesterday's violent protests but is open for business as usual today. Any legal firms who wish to lodge papers with the Court's registry can do so. '

suppose they could be lying though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here