Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If a BIG Club Folded?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I see them as individual businesses - if any one is run badly, at some point they'll suffer. The penalities for administration ought to be higher, more than 10 points, possibly automatic relegation - some say that after administration it's a new compnay and therfore new club and thrown out of the league back to the basement, but that's probably too much, relegation one division seems fair - for a first offence anyway.

The "fit and proper persons" test needs looking at though - it's a very difficult thing to do, but clearly whatever they do now is not enough. This is not purely aimed at foreign potential owners, our own dometic ones can be just as culpable.

I don't know the details of the new FFP rules, but will be interesting to see if anything changes, although the likes of City etc. will always have money to buy good enough lawyers to get around anything imposed.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Even when we were in the shit and actually shit NOT ONE SINGLE CREDITOR was shafted and all bills were paid. The directors dug deep.

So Palace, Pompey, Leeds, Rangers, Leics and countless others f*** OFF you should ALL be made examples of.

This. Not only dig the directors dig deep deep to pay the bills they also DID NOT throw money they did not have at the playing staff, they made with what they could AFFORD. Sometimes it really is that simple. Amazingly enough that sensible financial policy and a professional attitude from the management and players paid off with back to back titles and a playoff promotion.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
If any club, big or small, goes into administration then they should be relegated and possibly to the lowest division. Then, they are not allowed promotion until they can prove that they have balanced the books in that year. A bit like coming up from the conference, if your ground is not up to the required level, you are not allowed in the FL. So, prove that your books are fine, gain promotion, you can then move up and onwards.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
If any club, big or small, goes into administration then they should be relegated and possibly to the lowest division. Then, they are not allowed promotion until they can prove that they have balanced the books in that year. A bit like coming up from the conference, if your ground is not up to the required level, you are not allowed in the FL. So, prove that your books are fine, gain promotion, you can then move up and onwards.

Automatic relegation causes problems with outstanding fixtures etc... but I like the basic idea.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Automatic relegation causes problems with outstanding fixtures etc... but I like the basic idea.

Yeah, when I say auto relegation, I mean at the end of the season. I am sure there would be issues like, we can't produce the books between end of season and prior to fixture lists coming out but principle is good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here