Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Idon't care what you say what a fantastic f***ing atmosphere.....

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Agreed. Coppout dissed the Euro place and disregarded the very thing the players dream of. His message to the squad in general, that they're not good enough to play for the club and shirt in a 'higher contest' - was abhorent.

Some say he's a great manager, too!
Well, the way I see it he has reaped what he sowed, this season.

For sure.

Even their SAPPIEST fans (and I don't use that term lightly, especially where Reading fans are concerned :lol: ) surely have to concede that Coppell did them a major disservice this season.

For sure.

Even their SAPPIEST fans (and I don't use that term lightly, especially where Reading fans are concerned :lol: ) surely have to concede that Coppell did them a major disservice this season.

No, no they didn't.
They herded outside the Reading ground last week with signs, chanting "Stevie Coppell please stay".

Sappy isn't the word for those idiots, but isn't Coppell the KING of saps, after all is said and done?
His tired, mumbled dispassionate croaking in every after-match interview sucks the atmosphere out of my tv room every time I watch MOTD.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Weeeellll... There's no accounting for taste. Or for muppets. Every team has 'em.

Coppell's nowhere near as good as the hype. Same as every manager. CV may fool the board, but the fans know better. Copell WILLFULLY let the fans down this seasonn in the competitions fans traditionally care about. f***ed up in both. If he's not sacked, the plastic fans get the manager they deserve. Who cares? :shrug:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I think Coppell is a fantastic manager.

In hindsight things didn't work out for him and his 'resting' of players, but a long cup run can take it out of you, lose key players and I am certain ALL chairmen demand that the club survives in the Premiership. They want something completely different to the fans.

As a fan, would you want (EDIT) A CHANCE to win the FA Cup and face relegation or meekly surrender the FA Cup and survive in the Premiership? I know which I would pick.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

Wembley at around 4.30pm - slightly better atmosphere.

But no kidding, the atmosphere was great. Not sure how it came across on tv, but Portsmouth fans really outsung Cardiff. Pity they only really had one song.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
I just think it was nice to have none of the "top four" teams in it

Gives hope to all the other 88 teams in the league and some non-league teams that they might be able to upset the cart get a few rounds further and get some money for the effort instead of the usual wealthy teams getting even richer

I think Coppell is a fantastic manager.

In hindsight things didn't work out for him and his 'resting' of players, but a long cup run can take it out of you, lose key players and I am certain ALL chairmen demand that the club survives in the Premiership. They want something completely different to the fans.

As a fan, would you want (EDIT) A CHANCE to win the FA Cup and face relegation or meekly surrender the FA Cup and survive in the Premiership? I know which I would pick.

So, though he disappointed and deterred his team from going higher in the Prem last season, for this one things didn't work out, his schemes didn't advance them in the cup and they still got relegated - he's still a fantastic manager.

I....see :glare:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I just think it was nice to have none of the "top four" teams in it

Gives hope to all the other 88 teams in the league and some non-league teams that they might be able to upset the cart get a few rounds further and get some money for the effort instead of the usual wealthy teams getting even richer

Just because it 'gives hope', it doesn't mean it was any less shit than the dross served up last year.

Consecutive shite cup finals, we were spoiled with West Ham vs Liverpool

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Coppell's nowhere near as good as the hype. Same as every manager. CV may fool the board, but the fans know better. Copell WILLFULLY let the fans down this seasonn in the competitions fans traditionally care about. f***ed up in both. If he's not sacked, the plastic fans get the manager they deserve. Who cares? :shrug:

You do, quite obviously.

ack

Apr 20, 2006
It may not of been a great classic game,but it makes a change having teams that want to win it, rather than the normal top 4 who dont want to lose it.

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham

I would far rather have the glory of winning the FA Cup. History of a football club is based on what you win and achieve, who is going to look back in 100 years and say we never won anything but at least we kept our place in the Money League for 1 year longer because of it.

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard

Wembley at around 4.30pm - slightly better atmosphere.

But no kidding, the atmosphere was great. Not sure how it came across on tv, but Portsmouth fans really outsung Cardiff. Pity they only really had one song.

depends where you sat; I was in the Cardiff end and thought city outsung pompey with their 6 songs; really wished Cardiff had P-A-L-A-C-E in their repetoire though. Fair play to Cardiff for sticking around to see the presentations unlike to snotty top four who don't know how to deal with losing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here